Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
***Now open to remote candidates within the Pacific and Mountain time zones***
You will be an integral part of a tight-knit engineering team working to design and implement new features, improve our architecture and take the lead to launch new products.
Our tech stack is anchored by Ruby on Rails, React, and PostgreSQL.
- Design and engineer the marketplace tech to make shared equity financing a great option for homeowners and investors
- Collaborate and partner with the design team and product managers to create an engaging and transparent customer experience
- Build analytics tools to capture and use data to drive risk and pricing algorithms that steer our business
- Integrate with multiple vendors and data sources; helping build a platform that facilitates investing and dispersing millions of dollars with our homeowners
- Streamline the equity financing investment process to improve efficiency and accuracy while delivering cash to homeowners fast
- Quality driven -- You are able to work fast and deliver fast, check your work and take pride in shipping quality.
- Innovative -- You take the initiative to find new ways to solve problems. You help the team understand your point of view and advocate for great solutions.
- Expert -- You know a couple of languages cold and learning new technologies is standard fare.
- Experienced -- We don’t count years, but you should have some solid work experience under your belt. Expect to hit the ground running.
If you love engineering and are passionate about creating software that makes a meaningful difference to peoples’ financial health, you belong at Point!
“Point provides the opportunity to stabilize your financial situation without adding costly monthly payments.” - Homeowner in Burlingame, CA
Here at Point, we’re helping homeowners unlock the equity in their homes without taking on further debt. With an investment from Point, homeowners can de-leverage and diversify their wealth, freeing them up to invest in their business, renovate and maintain their home, eliminate debt, and tackle all of life’s expenses from college tuition to medical bills. Our equity investment product is an advantageous alternative for homeowners and investors alike. When partnering with Point, investors now have access to a brand new asset class - homeowner-occupied residential real estate. Point is the first fintech product that is truly aligned with consumers’ interests - when the homeowner does well, Point and its investors do well.
As a consumer fintech company, we embed integrity, transparency, and trust into everything we do at Point, including how we work. Whether you’re a homeowner, investor, employee, or candidate, it’s people who power our business. We keep the human experience top of mind.
Experts at work
We’re on a mission to help the 23 million equity-rich, but cash-constrained Americans tap into their home’s wealth. To do so, we have experience and expertise in all areas of the business, especially at the helm. Point’s leadership have previously founded TrialPay (acquired by Visa), Yub (acquired by Coupons.com), Metails (acquired by Buy.com), SiteAdvisor (acquired by McAfee), Affirm, SendGrid (acquired by Twilio), and TXN (acquired by Envestnet).
Championed by the best
In 2019, Point closed a $42M Series B led by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Prudential Financial, and DAG Ventures. We’ve received funding from Ribbit Capital, Greylock, SV Angel, and Bloomberg Beta as well.
PERKS AT POINT
Point provides platinum-rated plans for medical (Anthem Blue Cross or Kaiser Permanente), dental and vision (The Standard). We cover 99% of employee premiums and 75% of dependent premiums.
Point participates in the Caltrain GoPass program which provides an unlimited train pass for work and personal travel. Alternatively, team members commuting by car will receive free parking in downtown Palo Alto.
Take time for yourself and your family when you want - Point has an unlimited vacation policy.
We encourage all team members to attend events hosted by our investors, external workshops and conferences. We believe in continuous improvement and want to support employees on their professional journeys.
Point will top off California PFL earnings to full salary for up to eight weeks, as well as two weeks of fully paid leave to be available after exhaustion of CA PFL. An employee can take reasonable vacation time in addition to the California PFL leave.
Work From Home Stipends
With employees working remote through September 7, 2021, Point will provide employees a $50 monthly cell phone stipend and a $50 monthly internet stipend. In addition, we will reimburse up to $150 to help you purchase supplies for your home office.
Back to top