Senior Front End Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
Do you care deeply about helping people thrive financially?
At Point, you’ll join an experienced team working to create a new approach to home equity financing. Along the way, we are introducing the world to a new asset class that helps people improve their finances and aligns the interests of investors and homeowners.
We are looking for experienced front-end engineers to build the platform that homeowners use to sell equity in their homes, underwriters use to make funding decisions, and investors use to track their investments.
What You’ll Do:
You will be an integral part of a tight-knit product team ensuring that homeowners have a great experience with our product and improving the efficiency and accuracy of our underwriting.
- Turn wireframes and design mockups into pixel perfect web applications
- Collaborate with back-end engineers, designers and product managers to create an engaging and transparent customer experience
- Create tools that clearly communicate complex concepts and simplify information-intensive workflows
- Enhance and extend our in-house design system to drive consistency and quality across our products
Our front-end stack is based on the React ecosystem, integrated with a Ruby on Rails backend using Webpacker and running on Heroku.
Passionate -- You care deeply about design consistency and understand the value of design as a tool for forming customer perception as well as improving the productivity and accuracy of our customer operations team.
Experienced -- You have at least three years of front-end web development experience that has given you a keen eye for detail and a deep understanding of what it takes to ship quality software.
Innovative -- You take the initiative to find new ways to solve problems. You help the team understand your point of view and advocate for great solutions.
Bonus points if you have a passion for design thinking, a hobby in the arts or working knowledge of After Effects or similar animation tools.
If you have a keen eye for detail and are passionate about creating software that makes a meaningful difference to our customers’ financial health, you belong at Point.
Perks At Point
- 99% Health Insurance coverage for employees, 75% for dependents; choose from 2 different plans
- Caltrain GoPass program or free parking permit
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible work from home once a week policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- Open floor plan for easy collaboration
- Catered lunch every Monday and Wednesday, plus plenty of drinks and snacks available everyday, all day
- Monthly stipend to cover a 45 credit ClassPass membership
- Continued learning opportunities
As a consumer fintech company, we embed integrity, transparency, and trust into everything we do at Point, including how we work. Whether you’re a homeowner, investor, employee, or candidate, it’s people who power our business. We keep the human experience top of mind.
We’re on a mission to help the 23 million equity-rich, but cash-constrained Americans tap into their home’s wealth. To do so, we have experience and expertise in all areas of the business, especially at the helm. Point’s leadership have previously founded TrialPay (acquired by Visa), Yub (acquired by Coupons.com), Metails (acquired by Buy.com), SiteAdvisor (acquired by McAfee), Affirm, SendGrid (acquired by Twilio), and TXN (acquired by Envestnet).
In 2018, Point closed a $42M Series B led by Prudential Financial, DAG Ventures, and Andreessen Horowitz. We’ve received funding from Ribbit Capital, Greylock, SV Angel and Bloomberg Beta as well.
Back to top