- Palo Alto, CA
“Point provides the opportunity to stabilize your financial situation without adding costly monthly payments.” - Homeowner in Burlingame, CA
Here at Point, we’re helping homeowners unlock the equity in their homes without taking on further debt. With an investment from Point, homeowners can de-leverage and diversify their wealth, freeing them up to invest in their business, renovate and maintain their home, eliminate debt, and tackle all of life’s expenses from college tuition to medical bills. Our equity investment product is an advantageous alternative for homeowners and investors alike. When partnering with Point, investors now have access to a brand new asset class - homeowner-occupied residential real estate. Point is the first fintech product that is truly aligned with consumers’ interests - when the homeowner does well, Point and its investors do well.
As a consumer fintech company, we embed integrity, transparency, and trust into everything we do at Point, including how we work. Whether you’re a homeowner, investor, employee, or candidate, it’s people who power our business. We keep the human experience top of mind.
Experts at work
We’re on a mission to help the 23 million equity-rich, but cash-constrained Americans tap into their home’s wealth. To do so, we have experience and expertise in all areas of the business, especially at the helm. Point’s leadership have previously founded TrialPay (acquired by Visa), Yub (acquired by Coupons.com), Metails (acquired by Buy.com), SiteAdvisor (acquired by McAfee), Affirm, SendGrid (acquired by Twilio), and TXN (acquired by Envestnet).
Championed by the best
In 2019, Point closed a $22M Series B led by Prudential Financial, DAG Ventures, and Andreessen Horowitz. We’ve received funding from Ribbit Capital, Greylock, SV Angel and Bloomberg Beta as well.
Product Designer Overview
Are you excited to dig into design problems rooted in customer psychology and behavioral economics? At Point, you’ll join an experienced team thinking about home equity financing in a whole new way—we enable people to sell fractions of their home equity today in return for a share of their home appreciation in the future.
As the third designer at Point, you’ll be energized by the daily challenge of how to explain an unfamiliar, seemingly complex product to an attention-limited audience. And you’ll be similarly passionate about transforming the pain points of our internal users into cutting edge, efficiency-improving software.
You’ll employ tools of the trade, including customer interviews, user testing, design studios, and quick prototypes, to create innovative solutions. As an articulate and empathetic communicator, you’ll evangelize your ideas persuasively across the company.
Our ideal teammate will be:
- Passionate about understanding the needs of our customers, and helping to improve the lives of homeowners across the country.
- Experienced in conducting user research and synthesizing findings into well-thought out user flows, and wireframes, and prototypes.
- Creative and analytical—capable of generating many ideas, and articulating the pros and cons of each.
- A clever, inventive visual communicator and storyteller.
- A skilled persuader and listener. You’ll champion your ideas, but remain open to others.
- Receptive to feedback and constructive criticism, and adept at delivering it, too.
- Understanding of the trade-offs and intersections of business and customer needs.
- Excited to work outside Product as needed to improve materials and processes, including with Marketing
- A team player — besides others designers, you’ll be working with bright and engaged product managers, engineers, and business leaders.
- Strong design portfolio
- 3+ years of experience designing consumer products
- Expert at Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD
- Fintech experience helpful, but not required
- Startup experience
PERKS AT POINT
Point provides platinum-rated plans for medical (Anthem Blue Cross or Kaiser Permanente), dental and vision (The Standard). We cover 99% of employee premiums and 75% of dependent premiums.
Point participates in the Caltrain GoPass program which provides an unlimited train pass for work and personal travel. Alternatively, team members commuting by car will receive free parking in downtown Palo Alto.
Take time for yourself and your family when you want - Point has an unlimited vacation policy.
We encourage all team members to attend events hosted by our investors, external workshops and conferences. We believe in continuous improvement and want to support employees on their professional journeys.
Point will top off California PFL earnings to full salary for up to eight weeks, as well as two weeks of fully paid leave to be available after exhaustion of CA PFL. An employee can take reasonable vacation time in addition to the California PFL leave.
Work From Home Stipends
With employees working remote through June 2021, Point will provide employees a $50 monthly cell phone stipend and a $50 monthly internet stipend. In addition, we will reimburse up to $150 to help you purchase supplies for your home office.
Back to top