Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium’s technology, local businesses are able to simplify the way they build their business and modernize the way they communicate with their customers – from collecting payments, facilitating online reviews, launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on local business and helping them to build thriving businesses has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, inclusive, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride.
As a Sales Development Representative at Podium, Melbourne, you will play the most crucial part of the sales lifecycle, being the first point of contact for prospective customers. Armed with a suite of business-critical SaaS tools, you will proactively engage with new prospects - sparking interest, uncovering pain points and qualifying if Podium is a fit for their business (on most occasions we are an ideal fit!).
What you’ll do:
- Prospect for, generate and qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities
- Make outbound (cold) calls and emails daily
- Exceed monthly quotas of qualified appointments/demos scheduled and deals closed
- Collaborate with the Sales team to schedule prospect calls, meetings and product demos
- Pipeline management: enter and maintain data in Salesforce
What you'll bring:
- A love and desire for engaging with new people
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- You are confident, well-spoken and driven
- Experience carrying and exceeding KPI’s and targets
- Exceptional at staying organized and being able to prioritize
- Sales experience is preferred, but not essential
- REAL growth and career development opportunities, we’re still young in Australia with plenty of room to grow, plus we've just been named as one of Wealthfront's Career Launching Companies of 2021!
- Uncapped commissions + accelerators
- Equity/stock options for all employees - 'Be a Founder' and be rewarded as one at Podium
- A generous $600 monthly ‘Benefits & Wellbeing’ allowance, spent how you please
- Swag (Podium branded clothing and accessories, we’ll kit you out)
- Free snacks and drinks, always stocked up
- Weekly lunches, breakfasts and cafe quality coffees provided
- You'll find Podium in the Work Club offices on Collins Street with access to end of trip facilities, bike storage and lockers, a cocktail bar and a spectacular view from our 35th floor space