Pocket Gems, a mobile entertainment company based in San Francisco, is continuously breaking new ground on smartphones and tablets by building graphically rich games, developing fun new genres of entertainment and creating innovative technologies. Launched in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees and their games have been downloaded over 250 million times globally. One of our most recent successes, Episode, is a storytelling platform for the 2 billion mobile users around the world that allows user generated animated stories to be created by any author via our online portal. Since launching in 2014, we’ve had over 2 billion chapters read and 4 million writer sign-ups on our platform.
We are seeking a Paralegal for our headquarters located in San Francisco, CA. The Paralegal will support our General Counsel in a variety of areas including consulting agreements, corporate governance, employee stock options, and ad hoc projects.
- Implement, maintain, and improve the contract management process end to end, from (i) request intake to (ii) prioritization and status tracking to (iii) business unit coordination and communication to (iv) document retention
- Develop and manage the Company’s contract database, including a process to track compliance deadlines
- Draft / modify standard contracts (e.g., consulting agreements, NDAs, etc.)
- Own due diligence production and related matters in connection with key transactions
- Manage all workflows related to employee stock options, from grant notices to stock certificates
- Assist with corporate governance and ensure compliance with employer regulations and investor reporting
- Own the maintenance of corporate records and data rooms, including coordination with external law firms
- Assist with process improvement initiatives regarding employee onboarding and offboarding, equity and HRIS system implementations, and reporting compliance
- Coordinate the production of corporate presentations, reporting metrics, and responses to regulatory inquiries
- Conduct legal and business research
- Perform special projects and support the Company’s General Counsel on all legal matters
- BA/BS degree
- 2 to 6 years of experience as a paralegal (or other comparable position) within an in-house department and/or large law firm
- Solid understanding of contracts, corporate governance, and business operations, plus familiarity with a broad range legal functions (including, without limitation, intellectual property and employment laws)
- Highly detail-oriented, resourceful and flexible
- Strong desire to learn and acquire new skills, both legal and business
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Google Slides, Acrobat, and online data rooms
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including a Premiere PPO health plan. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top