QA Tester - War Dragons (Contract)
Pocket Gems is currently working on building groundbreaking multiplayer experiences for core gamers. The foundation of Pocket Gems is our pioneering team, world-class proprietary Mantis Engine, and cutting-edge network technologies.
How would you like to spend your day playing and testing mobile entertainment on the most popular mobile devices? Sounds pretty sweet, right? We think so too! As a QA tester at Pocket Gems, you’ll be part of the team pushing the mobile frontier: testing in the most responsive, polished and flexible gaming environments. You’ll also be tackling exciting testing challenges: verifying continuously updated content, testing multiple stories, and helping create the best mobile testing tools and working with mobile engineers who crave and appreciate each of your bugs - imagine that! Plus, you will have a seat at the table when designing and enhancing our games - we love great ideas and don't care where they come from.
- Prefer 2 years of experience working in the game/software development industry as a tester, developer or tech support
- Passion for testing with an understanding of QA methodologies
- Familiar with manual black-box testing
- Ability to write relevant, actionable, and reproducible bug reports that stand up to withering scrutiny
- User-level experience with iPhone or Android
- Attention to detail
- Ability to recognize test case deficiencies and propose improvements
- Strong communication skills
- Expressed by an ability to convey your thoughts and opinions over written and verbal medium
- Persistent and Proactive
- Doesn’t need to be tasked with daily tasks, seeks out the most important thing to do based on team objectives and goals
- Follows through on important work and commitments
- Mobile Game testing experience a plus
THIS IS A 3+ MONTH CONTRACT ROLE.
Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for contract qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top