Product Marketing Lead
Pocket Gems, a mobile entertainment company based in San Francisco, is continuously breaking new ground on smartphones and tablets by building graphically rich games, developing fun new genres of entertainment and creating innovative technologies. Launched in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees and their games have been downloaded over 250 million times globally. One of our most recent successes, Episode, is a storytelling platform for the 2 billion mobile users around the world that allows user generated animated stories to be created by any author via our online portal. Since launching in 2014, we’ve had over 2 billion chapters read and 4 million writer sign-ups on our platform.
But building great games isn't our only mission. We're looking for a marketing rockstar to help us get our games in front of millions of fans around the world. As Product Marketing Lead, you are the lead business partner to our product teams, helping them understand the market and audience for their products, and informing decisions that help us build the best games and bring them to market. In this role, you will manage a team whose responsibilities include: producing video/display advertising, analyzing market data, performing customer surveys and research, and developing product positioning and go-to-market plans. You will also be the primary steward of our brands, responsible for shaping our games’ brand identities and the communication/presentation anywhere they appear outside the game including video/tv advertising, pr messaging, social media, etc.
This position represents an ideal role for experienced marketing candidates, ideally with a top-tier MBA, who can combine strong analytical ability, business judgment, and interpersonal skills.
- Produce innovative, memorable, and effective video/display advertising
- Work closely with our product teams to help define a game’s audience and marketability
- Perform market and customer research, and develop insights that will help shape our products
- Identify new sources of data and methodologies that can help expand our product marketing toolkit
- Manage a team of product marketers across our portfolio of products
- Develop product positioning statements and game brand identities, oversee production of ad creatives that are consistent across channels and resonate with players
- Create go-to-market strategies and work with key functional stakeholders to execute on them and measure their performance
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or Advanced degree a strong plus
- 10+ years as a functional expert in marketing, working in one of the following:
- Marketing in the video games or entertainment industry
- Brand management at a consumer goods company (CPG)
- Product marketing at an online consumer-focused blue chip technology company
- Candidates with experience in product management, business operations, strategy at a technology company, ideally in video games, will also be considered
- Personal passion for games and other forms of entertainment and desire to become an industry marketing leader
- Strong creative ability
- Track record of launching successful new products or brands
- Understanding of online / mobile advertising and related metrics
- Experience managing a team is required
- Experience working with creative agencies or media buying agencies is required
- Exceptional analytical skills and experience working in a metrics-driven organization
- Equally comfortable at big picture thinking and hands-on execution. Experience and interest in driving both strategic planning as well as operations
- Strong communications skills and ability to drive cross-functional projects
- Strong Excel skills; experience with SQL a plus
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top