Pocket Gems, a mobile entertainment company based in San Francisco, is continuously breaking new ground on smartphones and tablets by building graphically rich games, developing fun new genres of entertainment and creating innovative technologies. Launched in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees and their games have been downloaded over 250 million times globally. One of our most recent successes, Episode, is a storytelling platform for the 2 billion mobile users around the world that allows user generated animated stories to be created by any author via our online portal. Since launching in 2014, we’ve had over 2 billion chapters read and 4 million writer sign-ups on our platform.
As our IT Administrator, you will be leading the delivery of top tier customer service while researching and implementing new solutions that enhance IT capabilities. As the third person on the team, you will have a broad scope of responsibilities and have a huge impact on the growth and direction of our team. We have JAMF Casper Suite in place for our Macs and are starting to build out central management for our Windows machines. We are also starting a network overhaul using virtualized technology.
About Pocket Gems
Pocket Gems, a mobile entertainment company based in San Francisco, is continuously breaking new ground on smartphones and tablets by building graphically rich games, developing fun new genres of entertainment and creating innovative technologies. Launched in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees and our games have been downloaded over 200 million times globally.
What you will do
- Lead the IT service desk for a 200+ user, single location environment, with a focus on Tier 2 / Tier 3 tickets and excellent customer service
- Streamline and own the employee onboarding and offboarding processes
- Identify and explore new technologies and services to expand overall IT capabilities
- Roll out new infrastructure for management of Mac and Windows machines, configuration & patch management, imaging, security controls, auditing, and other areas
- Assist with maintenance of Ruckus wireless network to deliver against performance SLAs
- Maintain and improve upon IT documentation
- 2 - 4 years experience in an IT support role, with a strong customer service orientation
- Experience with hosted and cloud-based environments a must
- Capable of troubleshooting Windows and Mac issues down to the hardware and networking level
- Experience with both JAMF Casper Suite and centralized Windows controls preferred
- Understanding of OSI model and layers a plus
- Understanding of security fundamentals welcome
- Problem solver with excellent communication, a strong work ethic, and the ability to manage multiple loosely-defined projects simultaneously
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including a Premiere PPO health plan. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top