Episode is a mobile animated interactive storytelling network and marketplace created by Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment and games company. Episode empowers storytellers to create mobile-first stories, aiming to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, readers have read over 2 billion episodes and over 4 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year and Demi Lovato: Path to Fame.
- Drive multiple concurrent projects and project milestones, including asset sets and stories, ensuring on time delivery, high efficiency and strong team morale across the projects.
- Determine dependencies and priorities between tasks and multiple disciplines, especially across the art and Episode Originals story teams, working to ensure they meet the rising visual and story bar across Episode.
- Create a decision framework to make the right calls around time / cost / quality based on the project goals, and track delivery against that framework.
- Develop and manage project schedule and timeline with Episode story team and external film/tv partners and stakeholders in the project.
- Build and foster relationships with key development partners (film and television studios, talent agencies).
- Manage product approval process with external partners.
- Constantly evaluate and improve process, talent mix, and process to achieve exceptional results.
- Work with project leads to create a decision framework to make the right calls around time, cost and quality based on the project goals.
- Proactively identify risks and preemptively create and implement mitigation plans.
- Track external teams’ efficiency, finances, and schedules, and bring on new vendors at the right cost to support ongoing needs.
- Manage firefighting tasks.
- A proven execution leader: You have led 20+ person teams to deliver exceptional results on multiple axis of time, quality, and cost.
- A caring mentor and manager: with stories to tell how you made a young talented member of your team successful in their careers and how you made difficult decisions around personnel for the good of the team.
- A articulate communicator: Meticulously craft each message and fret over how to communicate complicated ideas in a clear and succinct manner that motivates it’s listeners.
- A lover of stories: consumes an incredible number of stories across film, television, books, and digital, and has strong opinions of how great stories should be created
- An optimizer: Love spending time to explore how new processes and tools can help improve team efficiency and results. Have mastered the common tools of the trade such as JIRA, wiki, Excel, Powerpoint and Google docs.
- A Doer: feel energized by the opportunity to build an organization from scratch and show hands on how things are done, with an ability to bring structure and clarity to creative teams while embracing the messy nature of creative work and processes.
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including a Premiere PPO health plan. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Catered lunches and all the snacks you can eat! Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top