Automation Test Engineer
Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent, is breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine. Profitable since launch in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees. Pocket Gems’ games have been downloaded over 250 million times by players around the world. Our ideal candidates enjoy a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
You will be responsible for leveraging and improving our specialized automated test infrastructure to help cross-functional teams precisely detect performance and correctness regressions and help teams deliver a high quality product under aggressive development timelines. This includes designing and implementing tests to expand the capabilities of our automated test suite and assisting in further developing our automated testing infrastructure across our game code, build systems, testing tools, analytics, and more!
- Design and implement scalable, reliable automated tests to detect regressions and measure performance on our iOS and Android games
- Increase the functionality and usability of the testing infrastructure to meet new game team needs.
- Control, manage, and analyze big data flows to precisely detect and understand performance changes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with test automation infrastructure.
- Collaborate across teams and functions to fix regressions and maintain a high quality bar.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Solid foundation in computer engineering, with strong competencies in data structures, software design, and OOP
- Proficiency in using relational databases
- Experience in writing automated tests and setting up continuous integration (CI) build environments using Jenkins.
- Note: Prior mobile/gaming experience is NOT required.
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including a Premiere PPO health plan. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block north of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top