Technical Support Engineer
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology learning platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
Working at Pluralsight
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do everyday, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
At Pluralsight, our Support team is a centralized resource for internal and external customers
providing product and system expertise. We deliver a world-class support experience by
focusing on high level of technical knowledge, systems built around speed and feedback
distribution across the organization, and issue resolution.
A Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is an integral part of Pluralsight’s support team that owns
issues within our product and the issue management systems. The TSE will work closely with
the Head of Support and engineering organization to drive issue resolution.
Who you are:
● You are passionate about system architecture, problem solving, and technical writing
● You are an advisor to cross functional teams (Sales, marketing, and engineering) to
assist in technical implementations and the resolution of technical issues.
● You advocate for product quality, triaging issues and issue prioritization
● You are passionate about learning, keeping your skills sharp and understanding
Pluralsight’s evolving system architecture
● You strive for efficient and effective communication with key stakeholders
What you’ll own:
You will own product issues, issue management systems, and the communication of issues
across the organization to key stakeholders. This involves developing and maintaining a strong
relationship with our engineering teams.
Where you’ll advise:
You will advise our engineering teams and necessary stakeholders on issues as well as the
priority of those issues. This does require gaining institutional knowledge and can include
providing recommendations on root case of the issue and/or solutions and remediation to an
What you’ll do:
Technical support 70% time allocated
● Primary contact for all unresolved issues from our support leads and representatives
● Triage, qualify, prioritize, and communication of all confirmed issues to our engineering
teams and key stakeholders
● Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key engineering teams. This involves
attending engineering offsites, standups and working alongside the engineering team.
● Direct point of contact for enterprise and commercial implementation issues
● Owns the Agree and Perform phases in RAPID for the issue management system
● Create and manage internal documentation for known product issues
Learning 15% time allocated
● Research and investigate distributed system architecture and microservices
● Understand how Pluralsight adopts and applies distributed system architecture
General Support 15% time allocated
A successful candidate will have the following:
● 7+ years in a customer facing support/service role
● 2+ years in a technical support role
● 1+ year in a technical writing (or education equivalent)
● Education or experience with
○ Networking (from an IT Ops and developer perspective)
○ Distributed systems
● An insatiable curiosity and love of learning
● Strong interpersonal communication and diplomacy skills handling different cross
● Ability to quickly analyze and comprehend new or unfamiliar technologies and
associated technical communities
● Ability to function effectively working with distributed teams
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Meet Some of Pluralsight's Employees
VP of Partnerships & Corporate Development
Benson spearheads the creation of strategic partnerships with leading technology companies by building relationships and tailoring the platform’s offerings to suit each customer and the professional communities they serve.
Back to top