Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology learning platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
Working at Pluralsight
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can
make the world a better place. Through the work we do everyday, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
We are seeking an experienced security professional to join our Engineering team and be an integral part of developing our Information Security program. Reporting to the Head of Information Security, you will work closely with many parts of the business, including Engineering, Legal, IT, Support, People and Places, and Finance. Their primary focus will be on assessing and communicating business risk and threats. As an Information Security Risk Analyst, you will also be involved in creating strategy and assisting with security awareness training.
Who you are:
- You are an inquisitive, curious, critical thinker who is always looking for better ways to tackle cyber security problems
- Persistent Problem-Solver- You know what it takes to protect the business and as the business changes, you find ways to manage information security in a practical way
- You are an effective communicator within the information security community and within the business
- You use data, empathy and good judgement to approach business and people problems
- You enjoy researching, implementing, and teaching security best practices
- You are organized, can be flexible, leverage best practices, and most importantly, create solutions for any problem with a can-do attitude.
What you’ll own:
- Conducting quarterly company-wide risk assessments
- Maintaining the company information security risk registry
- Responsible for running infrastructure level vulnerability scans, tracking issues, and communicating associated risks
- Assisting with the development of assessment programs and questionnaires to aid in the identification and mitigation of third party supplier security risks
- Projecting and quantifying potential impact of risk and communicates them in a manner that can be understood at a technical and executive level
- Assisting with the communication and enforcement of security design, policies, procedures, solutions, and best practices
- Assisting with the development of a threat intelligence program
- Support the Head of Information Security in all areas of information security
- Conduct security research to stay on top of the latest security issues
Experience you’ll need:
- Bachelors of Science in CIS/MIS/CS/CE, Engineering/Technology or related field or equivalent experience/training.
- 3-5 years working in SaaS business or technology industry.
- Familiarity with security and privacy standards and regulations (E.g. GDPR, SOX, PCI, ISO 27001/2)
- Familiarity working with Burp and Nessus vulnerability scanning tools.
Be yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top