Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology learning platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
Working at Pluralsight
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can
make the world a better place. Through the work we do everyday, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
The Proposal Specialist provides analysis, response, support, and processing of various types of proposals and bids for Pluralsight’s sales team. Such documents may include: request for proposal (RFP), request for information (RFI), request for quotation (RFQ), vendor forms and questionnaires from current and future customers (“Documents”). The Proposal Specialist maximizes company revenue and profit through wins and sales generated by responses to such documents.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Prepare professionally written responses to Documents within the deadlines provided. Such responses shall specifically address customer requirements while positioning Pluralsight for success; ensure contractual compliance, accuracy, timeliness and that win-theme is consistent and apparent.
- Completion of customer’s vendor forms and questionnaires relating to onboarding of new customers.
- Research the customer to understand their environment, politics, limitations, hot points and other factors that will translate to a response that wins.
- Provide feedback to account managers regarding current and anticipated Documents.
- Assemble stakeholders (proposal project team) to identify roles, responsibilities and timelines.
- Engage necessary internal resources such as Information Security, Contracts Managers, Sales Teams and other internal company departments.
- Assist legal team in designing processes and policies relating to proposals.
- Communicate risks associated with Documents to sales and legal team.
- Work with other stakeholders to create shared resources of the department and company through contributions to content library and/or template development.
- Contribute to department or company projects assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years professional writing experience; emphasis on contracts or proposal responses
- 3-5 years prior experience working as a Proposal Specialist
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Office Applications, Salesforce and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Deadline focused and ability to work under time constraints
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and other coworkers
- Legal writing experience
- General knowledge of SaaS, contracts and sales cycles
- Project Management experience
- Working knowledge of purchasing requirements
- Familiarity with proposal assembly software
- Professional certifications such as APMP (Association of Proposal Management Professionals) or PMI (Project Management Institute).
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Meet Some of Pluralsight's Employees
VP of Partnerships & Corporate Development
Benson spearheads the creation of strategic partnerships with leading technology companies by building relationships and tailoring the platform’s offerings to suit each customer and the professional communities they serve.
Back to top