Product Support Manager
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is thetechnology learning platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
Working at Pluralsight
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do everyday, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
A Product Support Manager (PSM) is a person within Pluralsight’s support team who is a player-coach that consistently fosters a diverse team to provide world-class global support experience. This role will be responsible for all hiring, onboarding, fostering, and performance plans for Support Reps that directly report to them. The PSM monitors team KPI performance, makes recommendations based on support requests, then executes based on changes made to improve our overall experience. A successful PSM has strong interpersonal and professional development skills as well as leads through their own actions. The PSM will report directly to the Head of Support and will work closely with support engineering, technical documentation and system engineering.
A Pluralsight PSM:
60% Time allocated: Support
- Player-coach. A PSM provides redundancy/additional capacity to assist with inbound tickets as needed.
- Responds to escalated interactions, typically tier 2 troubleshooting, customer requested escalation, or planned ticket triage.
- Diffuse knowledge by coaching and answering questions for support reps as they perform their daily functions.
- Triages suspected bugs on the site and coordinates with the support engineering team.
30% Time allocated: Management
- Hires, coordinates scheduling, coaches and provides performance plans for all direct reports.
- Optimistic and fun. A PSM builds and fosters a team aligned to Pluralsight’s core values. Provides an environment for individuals to learn and grow in their roles by regular 1:1s, spot checks or professional skill development time and to come together as a team.
- Acts as the voice of support while working with support engineering, systems engineering, technical documentation and head of support to drive a world-class global support experience.
- Balanced, emotionally resilient and feedback oriented. A PSM actively listens and maintains a clear, client-oriented focus during duress. Through their experiences, they seek ways to improve their understanding of people and themselves.
10% Time allocated: Learning
- 7-years of experience in a support role (SaaS experience preferred)
- 2-years of experience in a high-volume support environment
- 6 months in a support role at Pluralsight (preferred)
- 5+ years of management experience (SaaS and support experience preferred)
- Strong emotional intelligence, coaching diverse teams
- Excellent communication skills working across teams and cross functionally
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Meet Some of Pluralsight's Employees
VP of Partnerships & Corporate Development
Benson spearheads the creation of strategic partnerships with leading technology companies by building relationships and tailoring the platform’s offerings to suit each customer and the professional communities they serve.
Back to top