Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology learning platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
Working at Pluralsight
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do everyday, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
As the DevOps Engineering Manager, you will partner with the Director of Technology Operations to define, implement, and drive best practices in DevOps technologies, and philosophies.
Your team will build and operate large-scale systems to ensure security, high availability, and scalability within our platform. You will develop tools and processes that enable our engineering teams to deliver continuously, deploying dozens of times a day in a seamless and coordinated effort. Additionally, you will promote a strong reliability culture by partnering with software engineering, security, and architecture to solve operational problems.
As a leader in the technology education space, you will have the unique opportunity to show the world the strategic impact DevOps can deliver.
Who you are:
- You are a DevOps engineering subject matter expert
- You have experience successfully leading DevOps or Operations teams in high-growth environments
- You love exploring new technologies and keeping your own technical skills sharp
- You elevate the technical abilities of those around you, and have a track record of doing this with the teams you have led
- An expert communicator up, down, and across reporting lines
- A leader through service, earned trust, and humility
- Experienced technologist – solid understanding of agile and lean methodologies, and the development of cloud applications
- Someone who cares about their team, shows exemplary personal respect, and is willing to coach and develop trust
- A partner with leaders across the business, especially Product, IT Operations, and People Operations (HR)
- A scientific mind: you know how experiment, measure against your hypothesis and then move forward with the best possible solution
- A passionate innovator and life-long learner eager to keep abreast of the fast-changing and dynamic technology industry
What you’ll own:
You will lead Pluralsight’s DevOps team ensuring continuous development at a high velocity. You will do this through automation, self-service, and enabling product team autonomy in a polyglot, heterogeneous environment. You will lead a team of life-long learners, embedded within various product teams, who are committed to continuous, never-ending, improvement.
- Management of 10-15 team members, embedded within multiple Experience teams
- Lead in developing high quality, rapidly changing software
- Regular 1:1 meetings with your team
- Coaching to enable individual improvement
- Leading team meetings to help team members understand the company vision
- Coach teams on processes and practices
- Responsible for recruiting and hiring engineers including working with recruiting, technical leads, and other engineering leaders throughout the process
- Develop a full understanding of the business, and our customers to effectively design, develop, and implement tools and processes that enable a highly available, scalable, and reliable customer experience
- Anticipate and manage technology evolution and map to business solutions
- Work with business stakeholders, Engineering leadership, and Architects to drive holistic technology implementation across product teams
- Relay continuous feedback
- Listen to and support teams in problem-identification and decision-making. Create an environment of mutual influence; persuade rather than use authority. Ask the teams for answers and lets the teams self-organize
- Inspire creativity and innovation
- Formulate and drive process and organizational improvement which enhances overall effectiveness. Understand business process, issues, problems, and apply appropriate Technology standards and solutions.
- Develops and maintains a network of industry contacts; performs or directs research on industry trends, competitors, business and Technology products; analyzes trends and makes strategic and tactical recommendations.
Experience you’ll need:
- Leadership experience as a technical lead, team lead, or manager
- Have worked closely with full Product Teams (Product Managers, Tech Leads, Engineering Managers, and Operations roles) to deliver an experience to customers
- Have analyzed business requirements with technical solution costs to provide win-win scenarios
- 8+ years of progressive DevOps engineering experience
- 2+ years of DevOps leadership experience
- Knowledge of compliance frameworks (PCI, SOX, SOC 2, ISO 27001) and the ability to apply their requirements and concepts to a complex environment
- Strong interpersonal communication and diplomacy skills, as well as a passion for leading (not managing)
- BS or MS in related industry/field or equivalent experience (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems)
- Strong hands-on technical experience, knowledge, and understanding of:
- Delivering web applications on public clouds such as AWS
- Configuration Management and automation, and Infrastructure as Code
- CICD practices and tools
- Experience with Relational Databases
- Experience with NoSQL databases a plus.
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Meet Some of Pluralsight's Employees
VP of Partnerships & Corporate Development
Benson spearheads the creation of strategic partnerships with leading technology companies by building relationships and tailoring the platform’s offerings to suit each customer and the professional communities they serve.
Back to top