Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology learning platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
Working at Pluralsight
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do everyday, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
As a DevOps Engineer at Pluralsight, you will partner with the Director of Technology Operations to curate Developer self service tools and systems to empower our continuous deployment environment. You will keep Pluralsight’s finger on the pulse of the DevOps community by continually researching, testing, and developing solutions to better enable our Software Craftsmen through automation and self-service. As an embedded member of the development team, you will be the subject matter expert on how and when to utilize the tools built and deployed by DevOps, as well as an influential partner in delivering incredible end user experiences.
Pluralsight is a leader in the tech education space, and as such, our engineers are a driving force in developing and promoting industry best practices while continually synthesizing new ideas. You will help set the bar for DevOps teams across the industry, while building a product that creates the innovators of tomorrow through technical education.
Who you are:
- You are an experienced DevOps professional that enjoys being in the middle of the development lifecycle
- You love exploring new technologies and keeping your own technical skills sharp while exhibiting responsibility and cation
- You have a passion for innovation, learning, and excellence
- You elevate the technical abilities of those around you
- You are an amazing communicator and effective influencer within the teams you are on
- You have a track record of being analytical, methodical, and quality driven
What you’ll own:
As a DevOps Engineer with a knack for automation, troubleshooting, and problem solving, you will be responsible for monitoring our environments, servers, and applications for health, performance and security. You will work with our talented team of Software Craftsmen to decide how to best create meaningful outcomes for our end users.
Develop a flexible infrastructure to promote Developer self-service, while promoting continuity across our overall environment.
- Development of tools and systems to support Developer self service
- Continuous environment monitoring for application health, performance, and security
- Maintaining a pulse on emerging technologies and discovering hidden opportunities in our environment
- Use technical expertise and experience to evaluate industry technologies and assess practice relevance
- Collaborate with Software Craftsmen to research and address technical needs, to roadmap and develop new solutions
- Maintain and improve standards of Operational Excellence
- Ensure redundancy and resilience of infrastructure and services
Reliability and Performance
- Championing of continual improvement in the areas of reliability and performance
- Help design and implement secure environments and servers
- Forecast and assess reliability risks
- Ensure all infrastructure is configuration managed
Development Support (who will this person work with?)
- Support Director of Technology Operations
- Collaborate with the Ops and DevOps teams, as well as Security, IT, and Software Craftsmen
Experience you’ll need:
- A successful candidate will be well experienced in key areas such as AWS, Saltstack, and Terraform (or similar)
- Ability to quickly analyze and comprehend new or unfamiliar technologies or ideas
- Track record of progressive DevOps engineering experience including the following:
- Strong systems administration skills in both windows and linux
- Experience in automation and the development of automation tools
- Strong background in continuous integration and deployment methodologies/pipelines
- Strong administration of HAproxy, RabbitMQ, Redis
- Strong knowledge of network security and performance
- Knowledge of compliance frameworks (PCI, SOX, SOC 2, ISO 27001)
- Powershell, bash, and python scripting
- Database administration background in Cassandra, Postgres, MSSQL, and MySQL
- Experience with Kafka a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes and containerization a plus
- Strong understanding of DevOps mentality and tools
Technologies and tools you’ll use and interact with here:
- Windows - Server 2012 R2, 2016, Core
- Linux - Ubuntu LTS, RHEL, CentOS 7, Fedora Core
- Tools - Github, New Relic, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Saltstack, OpsGenie, ELK, Terraform
- Services - Haproxy, Nginx, IIS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Zookeeper
- AWS - EC2, RDS, ECS, VPC, Route53, ELB, ALB, Lambda, Elasticache, Cloudfront, Service Catalog, Cloudwatch, CloudFormation, IAM, Certificate Manager, Directory Service, WAF & Shield, SQS, SNS
- Data Stores - Cassandra, Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL, Redis, BigQuery, Hadoop, Elasticsearch
- Other - Cloudflare, Salesforce.com, wpengine.com, Zuora, Adobe AEM, Adobe Search and Promote
- Languages in use here that you may help support:
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Meet Some of Pluralsight's Employees
VP of Partnerships & Corporate Development
Benson spearheads the creation of strategic partnerships with leading technology companies by building relationships and tailoring the platform’s offerings to suit each customer and the professional communities they serve.
Back to top