Commercial Account Executive - Boston, MA
The Commercial Account Executive (AE) is responsible for revenue growth in new logo and existing accounts within an assigned territory and ensuring all key metrics are delivered. The role is predominantly an outbound focused role where the AE will be primarily responsible for lead generation and opportunity creation. The AE is a customer facing position requiring executive-level selling skills. The AE will work closely with Sales Development, Marketing, Professional Services, and Customer Success departments to proactively develop and execute a territory plan - including all inbound and outbound selling efforts, develop executive relationships, and accelerate strategic sales motions. The AE will engage with accounts via email, telephone, face to face, and other online mediums. The AE will provide direction and recommendations to extended territory team and leadership to increase efficiencies, structure, and strategy of the region, ensuring individual and team success.
· Prospect account base for new opportunities
· Build pipeline to sustain and deliver sales goals
· Provide accurate sales forecast
· Develop and execute territory sales strategy
· Target and win new accounts
· Build relationships with customers through all resources (face to face, phone, social, and other online mediums)
· Create social environments to improve overall client relations
· Maintain and leverage accurate customer records within Salesforce.com
· Utilize process to ensure high-touch and meaningful communication
· Establish a trusted advisor role with accounts by being assertive, present and relevant
· Build ecosystem of customers, authors, analysts, etc., to increase value to territory
· Be accountable for actions and report progress with territory team
· Attend field events within assigned territory and get prospective customers to those events
· Travel ~ 25%
Support and Reporting
· Provide feedback on pre-sales issues and competitive trends
· Use sales tools to identify and profile within assigned territories (SFDC, Sales Navigator, Outreach, etc.)
· Understand quote to cash process (Quote, PO, Invoice, Payment)
· Leverage internal and external resources and tools to maximize customer information
· Understand complex sales cycles and be able to work opportunities that include multiple decision makers and influencers
· Ability to proactively prospect into new accounts and understand prospecting methodologies
· Strong organization skills to work dozens of opportunities simultaneously
· Ability to use consultative, solution selling, and business development skills and customize delivery at manager, director, VP and C level to become a trusted advisor
· Ability to gain in-depth knowledge of clients’ business needs, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure
· Develops comprehensive business use case approach in crafting client proposals
· Proven communication skills both written and verbal
· Ability to deliver excellent customer presentations tying the Pluralsight solution to key business drivers and demonstrate ROI
· Exceptional track record of consistently meeting and exceeding sales revenue targets
· 3+ years of direct SaaS sales experience closing 100,000+ ACV/ARR deals
· Experience in an outbound Account/Business development role
· Experience in solution-oriented value-based commercial or enterprise software sales
· Proven experience successfully prospecting into new companies
· Proficient using Salesforce.com, Sales Navigator and other prospecting platforms
· University or Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top