Account Executive - Commercial Acquisitions
The Account Executive - Commercial Acquisition is accountable for high volume prospecting, calling, and closing sales to generate growth for the business in the Commercial space. This role will engage with customers via inbound requests and outbound cold calling and leverage existing relationships and prospecting to develop sales opportunities, identify, penetrate and close target new accounts. The role will be responsible to effectively communicate internally and externally and exhibit strong funnel management, forecasting, and quota attainment discipline and will be responsible to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual bookings and revenue targets.
You accomplish this by:
● Using our CRM database to prospect for potential customers.
● Scheduling presentations with prospective customers to highlight the Pluralsight platform.
● Cultivating relationships with customers
● Cold calling new, prospective customers, driven to acquire new business and identify new opportunities.
● Using proven negotiation skills to close all assigned opportunities, with the ability to upsell additional revenue opportunities.
● Carrying an individual quota and will be responsible for retiring that quota on a monthly basis through the closing of new sales.
● Proactively identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of potential customers
● Provide a consultative, full life-cycle, Commercial sales approach
● Demonstrate strong qualification skills to provide accurate forecast reports
● Apply experience in navigating through sales cycle to drive deals to closure
● Develop and recommend strategic and tactical sales plans for assigned accounts.
● Maintain a high level of relevant knowledge to engage with prospects.
● Deliver compelling presentations to senior executives and decision - makers
● Work with technical staff and product specialists to address customer requirements
You’d be a great fit if your current track record looks like this:
● 1-2 years of relevant job experience in a similar role, B2B sales or account management within technology or software industry
● Experience negotiating multi-year recurring revenue contracts, and sales cycles with varying durations
● Strong sales, communication and follow up skills
● Prior presentation/public speaking skills strongly preferred. .
● Self motivated, goal and detail oriented, persistent and dependable
● Ability to establish relationships and work in a team environment
● Must have proven experience with forecasting and achieving or exceeding quota targets
● Must have excellent organization and time management skill
● Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially at the executive level
● Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment a must
● Salesforce or other CRM experience preferred
● Establishing executive level, long term customer relationships for future cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
● Strong business acumen and ability to analyze data to address customer situations
● Living and breathing our values to guide your decisions and interactions
Skills that will aid in your success:
● Enthusiastic, independent, friendly, engaging, reliable, driven, competitive and have a positive attitude.
● Understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
● Developing a strong knowledge of Pluralsight’s product
● Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation and agreements of distinction
● Being able to expertly multi-task while ensuring revenue targets are met
● Strong communication, presentation, problem solving and analytical skills
● Solid understanding of relevant technology and platforms including web-based software applications and SaaS environments
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top