Supply Quality Leader
Summary of Responsibilities:
This individual will be required to develop close working relationships with key CNA supplier and co-manufacturer technical staffs to provide competitive value added Supply Chain Quality support. This individual will be involved in new product and process start-up activities and will provide problem solving and troubleshooting support as required for project initiatives. The Supply Quality Leader promotes the entire range of CNA Supplier Quality programs, as defined in the Global Quality Standards and CNA Quality policies for contract manufactured product, packaging and ingredients. The Supply Quality Leader will represent Operation/Supply Quality as an active member of product teams and will participate in the assessment and approval, while directing the flow of corporate quality policy, of outside vendors and co-manufacturers. Key areas of responsibility include commercialization, consumer complaints, supporting enabler activities and providing technical leadership to Quality Programs.
- Actively participate as a key member of business teams, and take the lead on items involving Campbell quality policies, procedure and requirements.
- Perform co-manufacturer and external product development company initial assessments and full quality system audits and make fact based recommendations for approval or rejection.
- Assess, investigate, and manage co-manufacturer quality issues and request and follow-up on applicable corrective actions, working with outside vendors, co-manufacturers and CNA teams.
- Lead and manage corrective actions for CNA co-manufacturer quality related issues and non-conformances, or food safety/quality system deficiencies.
- Participate in new product or process co-manufacturer start-ups, with a mindset towards troubleshoot and problem solving.
- Develop value added working relationships with key suppliers and co-manufacturers.
- Manage and administer Supply Quality system databases as the primary Campbell interface with key co-manufacturers and suppliers.
- Assemble team of internal experts from appropriate functional groups to solve food safety and/or quality problems or deficiencies.
- Approve, conditionally approve, or reject potential new Innovation product or process co-manufacturers based on thorough assessment of quality and food safety systems against Campbell policies and effectively communicate decision to internal and external parties.
- Clearly and effectively interpret and communicate Campbell quality policies and procedures to internal Innovation business associates, and to external co-manufacturers and suppliers.
- Update and transmit Supply Quality information and communicate through appropriate software database systems.
- Manage food safety and quality aspects of all assigned projects from concept to commercialization.
- Approve ingredient specifications and formulas.
- Experience with various manufacturing processes - Hot Fill, Retort, Extrusion, Baking, Aseptic, HPP.
- Manage supporting documentation for projects.
- Support resolution of consumer complaints related to product design.
- Support improvement of existing products to improve reliability and quality.
- Review all packaging artwork to assure accuracy of claims, declarations and compliance with manufacturing requirements (including clear zones for ink jet coding).
- Support line trials & production runs as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Food Science, Biology, Microbiology, or related technical discipline.
- Certifications in auditing, HACCP, SQF Practitioner, Food Safety and Quality Systems, Better Process Control School desired.
- Minimum 5 years Quality Systems experience. Food manufacturing experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of Food Safety and Quality Systems, quality auditing procedures, FDA and USDA Food Safety and Quality Regulations.
- Ability to communicate and enforce Campbell quality policies and procedures with ingredient suppliers and co-manufacturers.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills with a team mindset.
- Strong analytical skills to process information, solve problems, and determine corrective actions with an attention to detail.
- Knowledge of quality standards and regulatory requirements, with skills and abilities to communicate those internally and execute against requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and manage key vendor technical staffs and management.
- General computer literacy required, with proficiency in Microsoft Office software products.
- Knowledge of Optiva, SAP, GSQA considered a plus.
- An Innovator – You are passionate about the world of design and innovation. You bring a unique perspective from your experiences and your observations in the world around you.
- A Creative Problem Solver – You have a creative bent and you love taking on challenges with a fresh perspective and creative mind.
- An Action Oriented Doer – Someone who is driven by results. Someone who strongly believes in accountability. A task oriented self-starter who stays calm under pressure and proactively takes on big ideas and projects.
- Hands On – Someone humble enough to tackle low level mundane tasks some days and then drive high-level strategic discussions the next. Someone who is hungry to learn and take on more responsibility as the company grows.
- A Collaborator – One who works well with teams, and can listen while still sharing a strong point of view.
- An Optimist – Someone with a can-do attitude, who can lead in the face of uncertainty, and with a great sense of humor.
Who we are – Plum Inc. – Emeryville, California
Plum Inc. is home to Plum Organics, a values-driven company committed to nourishing the next generation with great tasting, nutritious food from high chair to lunchbox. Plum Inc. is a group of extremely passionate people that truly love what they do and why they do it. They are parents, aunts, uncles, big brothers… tooth fairies. They are curious connoisseurs and joy seeking foodies that have come together to discover, celebrate & create all things healthy, inventive & yum
Meet Some of Plum Organics's Employees
Gina researches dynamic flavor combos and creates tasty, nutritious products that align with Plum Organics’ healthy food philosophy and inspire adventurous appetites.
Back to top