Supply Planning Manager
A results driven strategic leader who creates value with a hands on approach and demonstrated detailed knowledge of Supply Chain methods including Production Planning, Scheduling, and Inventory Management. This leader must be able to collaborate cross functionally and network with colleagues in Innovation, Operations, Brand and Finance. This position is expected to eliminate waste through the implementation of lean tools to optimize inventory levels and all associated work processes. The position requires a goal oriented individual with high integrity who is a positive influence and role model leader that embraces change, possesses a continuous improvement mindset, and has a passion for exceeding company and customer expectations.
REPORTS TO: Director of Planning
- Analyzes data including MRP/ERP information and prepares reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal supply chain execution.
- Supports cost reduction projects and improvement initiatives to achieve overall business objectives.
- Participate in cross-functional teams chartered with improving supplier performance and executing corrective actions, drive continuous improvement through the supply base.
- Maintain records and correspondence relative to quotations, purchase orders, contracts, and agreements and assist with resolving supplier A/P issues.
- Manages inventory levels in line with budget and achieving target fill rates.
- Partners cross functionally to facilitate on time launch of new products.
- Develop and manage Planning dashboard(s), along key processes and reports.
- Drives and ensures PO Excellence.
- Drive total cost of ownership and ensuring alignment with corporate and local goals and objectives.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, and optimize customer service and fill rates.(i.e. ABC classifications)
- Design or implement supply chain processes that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies to include responding to customer requests.
- Work on aged/aging material reports and work to reduce via date extension and internal sales
- Manage and optimize planning metrics, tools and reports, including Fill Rate, Aging, Production Planning (30-60-90) and Weeks on Hand.
- Provide leadership and personal support; coach, guide, nurture and develop people.
- Develop group and individual performance plans in alignment with company goals and objectives; communicate clearly defined individual and group objectives.
- Monitor performance and provide feedback to direct reports through formal quarterly and annual reviews.
- 4 year college degree (Business, operations, supply chain, engineering or related field), packaging engineering preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in production or inventory planning
- Experience using SAP or other ERP statistical software packages and forecasting tools.
- Strong Excel knowledge, ability to mentor others in Excel.
- Proven success in saving money, time, and resources though implementing best practices from purchasing to inventory management to overall manufacturing operations.
- Ability to lead and develop teams through coaching and mentoring.
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent multitasking skills
- A Creative Problem Solver – You have a creative bent and you love taking on challenges with a fresh perspective and creative mind.
- An Action Oriented Doer – Someone who is driven by results. Someone who strongly believes in accountability. A task oriented self-starter who stays calm under pressure and proactively takes on big ideas and projects.
- Hands On – Someone humble enough to tackle low level mundane tasks some days and then drive high-level strategic discussions the next. Someone who is hungry to learn and take on more responsibility as the company grows.
- A Collaborator – One who works well with teams, and can listen while still sharing a strong point of view.
- An Optimist – Someone with a can-do attitude, who can lead in the face of uncertainty, and with a great sense of humor.
Who we are – Plum PBC – Emeryville, California
Plum PBC is home to Plum Organics, a values-driven company committed to nourishing the next generation with great tasting, nutritious food from high chair to lunchbox. Plum Inc. is a group of extremely passionate people that truly love what they do and why they do it. They are parents, aunts, uncles, big brothers… tooth fairies. They are curious connoisseurs and joy seeking foodies that have come together to discover, celebrate & create all things healthy, inventive & yum
Plum, PBC is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Back to top