Sr. Marketing Associate - Baby
Category & Brand Analysis & Reporting (50%):
- Monitor, analyze and interpret category, brand and competitive trends and dynamics utilizing ACN/IRI and retail scan data; leading to key conclusions, implications and recommended action plans
- Develop monthly business reports summarizing market trends, opportunities, and insights
- Serve as primary contact for brand-related ad hoc data requests; pull and analyze scanner and consumer panel data to support both base business and innovation initiatives
New Product/Innovation Marketing (25%):
- Partner with the Sales, Brand, Creative & Innovation teams to manage and own the process dedicated to new item communications & marketing, including:
- Develop product website and e-commerce copy; coordinate with 3rd party consultants and partners to ensure copy is live and executed properly
- Partner with cross-functional team to develop new item FAQs
- Create sales sheet
- Partner with PR, Marketing, & Brand teams to execute launch plans to support new item launches, including promotions, advertising, social media or other tactics
- Track & analyze marketing initiatives to understand ROI
- Monitor new items against key performance indicators
Base Business Support (25%):
- Support the Baby Senior Brand Manager with the following base business activities:
- Maintain product website and e-commerce copy
- Manage packaging updates/refreshes
- Oversee ongoing competitive monitoring (packaging, advertising, & trends)
- Coordinate regulatory and legal review process
- Sales team support, including email correspondence and development of decks
- Ad hoc project management and coordination
- BA/BS degree required; quantitative/analytical curriculum a plus
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum 1-3 years brand management, category management or marketing experience (preferably in food/packaged goods)
- Knowledge, skill and abilities required:
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task; comfortable flexing between left-brained (analytics) and right-brained (marketing support) activities
- Strong analytical, problem solving and resolution skills
- Experience analyzing and distilling data a must; experience with syndicated data (Nielsen and/or IRI) a plus
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of functional disciplines
- Strong computer literacy required with intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Vision & Creativity: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately. Ability to identify creative/differential strategies and tactics that deliver impactful results in market.
- Commitment to delivering strong results: a passion for quality and a creative problem solver. Someone who strongly believes in accountability. A task-oriented self-starter who stays calm under pressure and proactively takes on big ideas and projects.
- Critical thinking: Ability to simplify problems/situations, draw out insights and implications, and weave a simple, clear story or recommendation. Demonstrates strong ability to analyze data, identify trends/patterns, and translate these into insights and implications to the business.
- Hands On: Someone humble enough to tackle low level mundane tasks some days and then drive high-level strategic discussions the next. Someone who is hungry to learn and take on more responsibility as the company grows.
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal and communication skills: One who works well with cross-functional teams, and can listen while still sharing a strong point of view.
- High Level of Business Maturity: Must be someone who is comfortable working with all levels inside and outside of the Company. Has the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a cool head.
- Ethics and Values: Must be someone who embraces our corporate culture and core values. His/her approach to business must reflect honesty, integrity and ethics in all situations.
Who we are – Plum, PBC – Emeryville, California
Plum, PBC is home to Plum Organics, a values-driven company committed to nourishing the next generation with great tasting, nutritious food from high chair to lunchbox. Plum Inc. is a group of extremely passionate people that truly love what they do and why they do it. They are parents, aunts, uncles, big brothers… tooth fairies. They are curious connoisseurs and joy seeking foodies that have come together to discover, celebrate & create all things healthy, inventive & yum.
Plum, PBC is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Back to top