Sourcing and Project Manager
The Sourcing and Project Manager - Organics will be responsible for the overall company’s organic raw material strategy for both current and new business development. This person will be responsible for coordinating all organic sourcing and contracting between the Campbell Buyers and the Brand, R&D, Innovation, Quality, and Supply Chain teams among Campbell’s business units. Most importantly, this person will be responsible for working closely with the cross-functional teams to manage and implement Organic projects across the network. The successful candidate will have 10+ years of experience in procuring Organic raw commodities, or possess a strong background in conventional procurement and a very sincere interest in organic food and organic processes.
- Develop and implement global sourcing strategies, in conjunction with Campbell Buyers, for organic raw materials to support the company’s long term growth and expansion domestically and internationally.
- Support the Campbell’s Buyers in sourcing, building, and managing a global network of raw material suppliers that are available to meet the business needs.
- Develop project plans and work with cross-functional teams to manage and track deliverable from inception to launch, including but not limited to managing the approval process for new suppliers.
- Manage a contingency supplier program for key items to ensure a scalable raw materials supply chain, and support existing business and projected growth with a three-year planning horizon.
- Manage internal departments and project plans to facilitate the smooth flow of organic commodities from raw material samples to final production.
- Partner with the overall Campbell’s Global Strategic Sourcing team and corporate Buyers to develop a sourcing calendar and manage all RFx opportunities for organic raw material supply.
- Interfaces with the R&D and Innovation teams and Campbell Buyers on the feasibility of sourcing ingredients for new products as well as the sustained sourcing capability to support forecasted requirements.
- Responsible for implementing cost containment initiatives, supply chain cost reductions, identifying saving opportunities, and driving least landed costs for externally produced products.
- Maintain systems and processes to support the day-to-day business.
- Assist in developing and actively promoting Campbell’s Supplier Diversity Strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience; MBA desired
- 10+ years of experience in Supply Chain and/or Procurement with a focus preferably in food, organic foods is best. Conventional experience may be substituted if candidate is highly interested in organic food production.
- Strong project management experience preferred
- Familiarity with sensitive consumer food products manufacturing a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, decision making/problem solving and influencing, team building skills, and strong analytical skill set
- Demonstrated performance results in a matrix environment and/or with multiple companies
- Demonstrated self-starter, imaginative/innovator, and able to set executive direction
- Minimum 30% travel as required to perform duties.
- Ability to interact with team members at all levels in the organization, as well as senior leadership across multiple functions in a matrixed environment. The individual must have the ability to influence the direction of the business and align and engage resources that are outside of their area of responsibility
- Personal Characteristics
- A Creative Problem Solver– You have a creative bent and you love taking on challenges with a fresh perspective and creative mind.
- An Action Oriented Doer– Someone who is driven by results. Someone who strongly believes in accountability. A task oriented self-starter who stays calm under pressure and proactively takes on big ideas and projects.
- Hands On– Someone humble enough to tackle low level mundane tasks some days and then drive high-level strategic discussions the next. Someone who is hungry to learn and take on more responsibility as the company grows.
- A Collaborator– One who works well with teams, and can listen while still sharing a strong point of view.
- An Optimist– Someone with a can-do attitude, who can lead in the face of uncertainty, and with a great sense of humor.
Who we are – Plum PBC – Emeryville, California
Plum, PBC is home to Plum Organics, a values-driven company committed to nourishing the next generation with great tasting, nutritious food from high chair to lunchbox. Plum, PBC is a group of extremely passionate people that truly love what they do and why they do it. They are parents, aunts, uncles, big brothers… tooth fairies. They are curious connoisseurs and joy seeking foodies that have come together to discover, celebrate & create all things healthy, inventive & yum.
Plum, PBC is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Back to top