Senior Mission Associate
This is a unique opportunity to make an impact in a fast growing, mission-based consumer products company in the food industry. Plum, PBC is looking to add a talented Senior Mission Associate to our growing team, reporting to the Director of Mission, Strategy & Insights. The Senior Mission Associate will play an important leadership role at Plum, PBC. Key areas of focus will be managing sustainability programs, guiding the development of our annual Impact Report and BIA assessment, and collaborate with the team and cross functionality on The Full Effect, our program dedicated to getting healthy food to kids in need.
The skills required for this job are found at the intersection of project management, creativity, problem solving and leadership. We are looking to hire a results-oriented individual who is committed to using business as a force for good and excited to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Knowledge of the B Corp community and/or previous experience in sustainable business is a plus.
- Responsible business and sustainability initiatives
- Support responsible sourcing and supply chain sustainability
- Work with packaging engineer to lead sustainable packaging strategy
- Collaborate with Office & Environments manager to lead home office sustainability
- Manage annual B Impact Assessment
- Develop and lead employee mission engagement activities
- Plum Values Awards
- New hire mission orientation
- Maintain ongoing expertise and keep organization informed regarding national responsible business and sustainability dialogue as well as policy and advocacy programs related to food insecurity and malnutrition in the US
- Support leader of The Full Effect as needed
- Support strategy and program growth planning
- Collaborate on devising & implementing employee engagement activities
- 5+ years experience managing complex projects, ideally in a benefit corporation or non-profit environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge, skill and abilities required:
- Strong critical thinker with a sense of urgency and achievement
- Excellent communicator across all disciplines and levels, both internally and externally
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and create/maintain project momentum
- Experience in supply chain and/or packaging sustainability a plus
- Experience in anti-hunger or nutrition education a plus
- Ability to manage a set of diverse, complex projects simultaneously
- A Do-Gooder: Someone who cares deeply about doing the best thing for our consumers, our communities and our planet. Must be able to navigate important cross-functional discussions with kindness, empathy and diplomacy.
- A Collaborator: One who works well with teams, and can listen while still sharing a strong point of view.
- An Optimist: Someone with a can-do attitude, an optimistic outlook on life and a sense of humor.
- An Entrepreneur: A task oriented self-starter who stays calm under pressure and proactively takes on big ideas and projects.
- An Action Oriented Doer: Someone who is driven by results. Someone who strongly believes in accountability.
- A Creative Problem Solver: Someone who loves taking on challenges with a fresh perspective and creative mind.
- Willing to Get Their Hands Dirty: Someone humble enough to tackle low level mundane tasks some days and then drive high-level strategic discussions the next. Someone who is hungry to learn and take on more responsibility as the company grows.
Who we are – Plum, PBC – Emeryville, California
Plum, PBC is home to Plum Organics, a values-driven company committed to nourishing the next generation with great tasting, nutritious food from high chair to lunchbox. Plum Inc. is a group of extremely passionate people that truly love what they do and why they do it. They are parents, aunts, uncles, big brothers… tooth fairies. They are curious connoisseurs and joy seeking foodies that have come together to discover, celebrate & create all things healthy, inventive & yum.
Plum, PBC is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Back to top