Marketing Associate - Infant Formula
Are you a quick study? Can you adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? Plum Organics is seeking a passionate and driven Marketing Associate to be part of the Plum Marketing team. The Marketing Associate will be responsible for supporting the new Infant Formula business and be a part of team to have direct impact to help grow and shape the future of Plum’s overall business.
Responsibilities of the Marketing Associate include monitoring the pulse of the business both internally (financials, budgets, etc), and externally (market performance, program ROI, etc). The Marketing Associate will also assist in managing programming with external agencies & partners, working closely with internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with overall communications strategy, legal & regulatory requirements, and Plum’s Food Philosophy. This role will report into Brand Management.
Business Management (50%):
- Business Stewardship: Analyze business and consumer trends using IRI and retail scan data leading to key conclusions, implications and recommended action plans. Compile monthly business reviews, provide input into annual planning, and measure overall brand health metrics. Serve as primary contact for brand-related ad hoc data requests to support both base business and innovation initiatives.
- Financial Management: Provide input into volume, profit and share objectives. Manage marketing spend budget and monthly reconciliation.
- Project Leadership: Manage key marketing tactics including consumer promotions & program creative elements, product development, packaging, and business operations.
Marketing Plan Management & Execution (50%):
- Flawless Execution: Bring consumer-facing marketing plans to life in a timely fashion. Work closely with external agencies to execute on paid & owned digital programs, SEO/SEM, paid search, mobile, coupon/trial-driving programs, shopper marketing, sampling, and collateral. Manage meetings, reviews, timelines, and status updates.
- Consumer-Focused: Be a steward for the Plum consumer. Ensure consistency of brand messaging across tactics, coordinating and getting alignment between external agencies and internal cross-functional partners (management, legal, marketing communications, mission, regulatory, etc).
- Monitor Performance: Own measurement against KPIs and make recommendations for optimization and amplification across marketing tactics to meet business goals & objectives.
- Team Collaboration: Interface with the broader Plum marketing team to ensure seamless acquisition/graduation up the Plum portfolio of products.
Experience / Qualities:
- BA/BS degree required. Quantitative/analytical experience strongly preferred. Marketing and communications curriculum a plus.
- 1-3 years prior marketing experience. Experience in CPG strongly preferred. Background in consumer healthcare or nutrition a plus.
- Knowledge, skill and abilities required:
- Independent, a self-starter; eager to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills; comfortable with consumption data (IRI, Nielsen)
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effortlessly balance multiple projects concurrently and self-prioritize
- Comfortable flexing between left-brained (analytics) and right-brained (marketing support) activities
- Solid problem solving and resolution skills
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of functional disciplines
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- A Collaborator– One who works well with teams, and can listen while still sharing a strong point of view.
- A Creative Problem Solver– You have a creative bent and you love taking on challenges with a fresh perspective and creative mind.
- An Action Oriented Doer– Someone who is driven by results. Someone who strongly believes in accountability. A task oriented self-starter who stays calm under pressure and proactively takes on big ideas and projects.
- Hands On– Someone humble enough to tackle low level mundane tasks some days and then drive high-level strategic discussions the next. Someone who is hungry to learn and take on more responsibility as the company grows.
- An Optimist– Someone with a can-do attitude, who can lead in the face of uncertainty, and with a great sense of humor.
Who we are – Plum, PBC – Emeryville, California
Plum, PBC is home to Plum Organics, a values-driven company committed to nourishing the next generation with great tasting, nutritious food from high chair to lunchbox. Plum Inc. is a group of extremely passionate people that truly love what they do and why they do it. They are parents, aunts, uncles, big brothers… tooth fairies. They are curious connoisseurs and joy seeking foodies that have come together to discover, celebrate & create all things healthy, inventive & yum.
Plum, PBC is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Back to top