At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for a QA/QC Technician who will perform and document quality and food safety checks as required, to ensure all products meet Plenty’s quality standards and food safety requirements.
The QA/QC Technician is responsible for testing, inspection of products and processes at various points in the manufacturing process to ensure adherence to company quality & food safety standards. This person is also responsible for establishing and executing the disposition of products that do not meet company quality standards.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Conduct Quality Audits to ensure product being produced meets established quality standards.
- Conduct analytical testing of product and raw materials used for or during manufacture to assure they meet company standards.
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality.
- Assess the quality of incoming materials to make sure they meet specifications.
- Audit the paperwork of operators to ensure they are conducting checks at the required frequency.
- Attend the shift transition meeting on a daily basis representing the QA department.
- Evaluate current testing protocols and recommend improvements.
- Hold non-conforming raw materials, packaging materials, WIP and finished product be able to investigate and trouble shoot the non-conformity and provide the appropriate disposition for product not meeting company quality standards.
- Conduct product analysis with operations to evaluate current product quality and prevent large-scale issues.
- Conduct co-manufacturing product analysis on retain samples and maintain records of result data.
- Assist in training new technicians as necessary.
- Create documents as needed and ensure that documents being utilized accurately reflect current processes and methodology
- Maintain the work area 5s system
- Utilize Good Laboratory Practice when conducting testing
- Identify and generate graphs for QA Key Results
- Utilize computer to enter and track test result data.
- Evaluate test data and report deviations from existing standards.
- Evaluate incoming material Certificate of Analysis (COA) against the current company specifications. Validate COA through either internal or outside lab testing of product according to specified audit frequency.
- On the job training will be provided for the role once an associate starts (Training includes- Food and Worker Safety Training and other role specific skills training as applicable)
What We're Looking For
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Minimum 3 years QA experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to be precise and accurate.
- Ability to make good judgment and decisions during their shift.
- Ability to read and follow documents (Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods).
- Knowledge of GMP, 5s, GLP, HACCP and Quality & Food Safety Systems.
- BS/A in an applicable technical field (industrial engineering, quality, mechanical engineering, materials science engineering) Preferred
- High School Diploma required
- Team player.
- Strong math skills.
- Analytical skills.
- For business and safety reasons, must be able to communicate effectively via verbal and written methods
Food and Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- Comply with GMP/GAPS in the Facility
- Conduct monitoring activities to assure finished product comply with food safety and quality specifications
- Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.