Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we are growing for a better tomorrow, today.
About the role
Plenty is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our Maintenance team. The Maintenance team troubleshoots, maintains, and continually improves our Industrial Automation equipment, ensuring our farms are always operating at their best. In this role, you will proactively and reactively maintain the operation of equipment and systems throughout the facility. If you are a proactive, operationally focused individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment, you’ve found the right place!
What you'll do
- Provide day-to-day coverage of equipment by responding to alarms, breakdowns, and production requests quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime
- Follow preventive maintenance procedures on all plant equipment in a timely and thorough manner
- Maintain the operation of equipment and systems including, but not limited to: compressed air, HVAC, electrical distribution, controls, lighting, and robotics, PLCs conveyors and other automated machinery
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair and to insure compliance with codes
- Partner with the Engineering and Safety teams in planning, ordering, installing and training for new equipment
- Troubleshoot and perform diagnostics on damaged or malfunctioning equipment; make repairs where necessary or recommend to the Maintenance Manager to arrange for outside vendor to service equipment
- Maintain spare part inventory
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as relates to building operations and practice safe work habits
- On the job training will be provided for the role once an associate starts (Training includes- Food and Worker Safety Training and other role specific skills training as applicable)
- Occasionally moves items weighing up to 50 pounds across the facility
What you’ll bring to the table
- 2+ years of maintenance experience in an industrial and/or manufacturing environment
- Experience working with electric motors, vacuum pumps, air compressors, HVAC, etc. with an emphasis on PLC, controls and automation experience preferred
- Ability to accurately follow operation manuals, manufacturing and installation instructions, sketches, blueprints and diagrams
- Must be willing to work evening and weekend shifts on occasion or rotating basis, able to work flexible hours and be part of the 24 hour on-call rotation
- Responsible, flexible, fast learner that has the ability to be a self-starter with a willingness to take on new things while maintaining full ownership of assigned area
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and consistently meet deadlines
- You successfully keep multiple tasks running simultaneously
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and creative solutions to problems
- Other duties as assigned. Schedules will be reviewed periodically and are subject to change based on business needs
Type of role
What we can offer
- Compensation: we’ll pay you a competitive wage on a biweekly basis, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being: we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits from day one, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food: in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together: learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment: we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off: we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we offer 2 weeks of paid time off + 6 days of paid sick leave per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave: 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Plenty’s target compensation range for this role is $34/hr - $36/hr for this location. Actual compensation is commensurate with experience and alignment with role requirements.
Food & Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply
- Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system
- Responsible for making sure the methods and responsibility for the maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings shall be documented, planned and carried out in a manner that minimizes the risk of product, packaging or equipment contamination