Farm Operations Associate
- Compton, CA
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. Plenty is seeking several Farm Operations Associates who will assist in all aspects of indoor farming, and food processing. Your skills and training will be applied to plant production in a modern, fast paced, high-technology hydroponic farm.You will be involved with our efforts aimed at optimizing all aspects of locally grown and packaged commercial produce using hydroponic indoor farming. Your role will include routine activities across a variety of stations, including plant handling, harvesting, farm operations information monitoring and collection of environmental and production data. Reporting to the Operation Supervisor, the Production Associate will be working in seeding, transplanting, harvesting, packing produce in a refrigerated environment, cleaning, sanitizing before and after, packaging and order fulfillment.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- This will be a hands-on role where you will be seeding, transplanting, harvesting and packing crops
- Lead with proper use of personal protection equipment, workforce safety and food safety practices.
- Perform post-harvest packaging of a variety of produce harvested daily
- Follow standardized work process and defined work instructions and sequences at a defined pace, repetitively for an extended period of time, and rotating as required
- Perform sanitation procedures following company guidelines (SSOPs)
- Perform data entry (hand written and electronic)
- Work in cold environments (32 degrees) for extended periods of time if assigned to post-harvest
- Pitch in and help other Farm Operations as needed
- Quickly communicate any health and/or safety concerns to lead or supervisor
- Maintain a safe and collaborative environment
- Follow proper use of personal protection equipment, workforce safety and food safety practices.
- Operate complex manufacturing equipment, such as packing machine, harvest machine, transplanter, etc.
- On the job training will be provided for the role once an associate starts (Training includes- Food and Worker Safety Training and other role specific skills training as applicable)
What We're Looking For
- Ability to practice safe work habits in a food safe work environment at all times
- Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Maintains high activity/productivity level. Operates with sense of urgency, efficiency, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time
- Strives to understand the details. Solid planning, detail oriented and organization skills
- Presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries
- Can work in group or alone; oriented towards teamwork and the goals of the farm
- Ability to effectively document seeding, transplanting or harvesting activity accurately
- Maintains stable and professional performance under pressure or opposition
- Enjoy working in an active environment with the majority of the day being spent on your feet.
- Ability to effectively take direction and implement changes quickly
- Humble, teachable, team-player who is enthusiastic and hard-working
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and, at times, work in refrigerated environment
- 1 year experience working in a greenhouse, or production environment preferred
Food Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- Comply with GMP/GAPS in the Facility
- Conduct monitoring activities to assure finished product comply with food safety and quality specifications
- Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Back to top