Logistics Manager, Camp Materials and Systems
We are seeking a full-time Manager of Camp Materials and Systems. The ideal candidate possesses a keen understanding of how materials resources and tools come together to support and enhance the experiences of the people in our company, including students, campers and staff. Candidates should possess a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
The ideal candidate is a recent graduate with 1 - 2 years experience. Significant internship experience also considered.
Reporting to CEO, the Manager, Camp Materials and Systems, is the operational heart of Plato Learning programs. This leadership role requires a service mentality and strong work ethic, and role models the flexibility required at our rapidly expanding company—there is no job too big or too small. Likewise, there is no shortage of work, and anticipated and unanticipated needs constantly arise in this fast-paced environment. Perfect for a detail-oriented manager.
You will be responsible for managing the smooth functioning of storage facility/items, and orchestrating the procurement, inventory and distribution process of t-shirts and a myriad of transportation, equipment, food and material supply needs for multiple program locations. This role leads the development of process improvements and creates systems that enhance our day-to-day operations, facilities and logistics, and annual Opening Ceremony event(s).
Organizational and Managerial Skills
- Extremely detailed oversight of our entire supply chain
- Organized with great attention to detail and accuracy needed for producing high quality work
- Process oriented and able to establish and create structure and systems
- Inventory management
- Getting goods and services to customers and employees in a timely manner
- Experience with day camp/after school administration
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.)
- Navigating spreadsheets, analyzing data and creating new systems and learning technologies
- Highly motivated and able to work independently to complete tasks effectively and efficiently
- Interpersonal Skills
- An honest, clear and effective communicator who can be an asset to the team
- Calm and decisive under pressure; able to quickly take action to overcome obstacles
- Skilled and experienced at finding creative solutions to problems, and
- Clearly articulates a customer service orientation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan logistics and support to the Program Directors in the pre-season
- Develop procurement and distribution systems
- Identify and leverage technology that will support program growth/expansion
- With Camp Directors, lead and manage Field Operations ensuring efficient and enthusiastic support of camp and after school operations and programming
- Handle/anticipate staff and parent inquiries
- Keep processes on budget
- Increase profitability
- Set, work toward, and achieve measurable professional development goals
We are committed to competitively compensating staff. No relocation offered.
Learn more about us:
In the news:
Meet Some of Plato Learning's Employees
Program Director, Camp Half-Blood
Alex oversees the day-to-day operations of Plato Learning’s after-school and summer camp adventures, while also developing those programs, training staff, and ensuring a fun experience for every kid in attendance.
Back to top