Plato Learning is looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant to assist the back office on the daily and seasonal operations across all program offerings. The Admin Assistant will assist the directors of multiple departments on a variety of needs ranging from database management, customer service, and communications to on-the-ground support at site-based programs such as summer camps and afterschool classes.
The ideal candidate is extremely organized, efficient, flexible, and interested in learning how a young educational organization operates on both an administrative and programmatic level.
Start Date: June 1st, 2017
- Recent college graduate
- Previous experience in an office/administrative setting required, preferably in an educational field
- Passion for education and inspiring a love of reading in young students
- Knowledge/interest in new business and brand development for rapidly expanding company
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.); Familiar with Social Media platforms (Facebook, Instagram) and Wordpress (web and blog)
Manage online registration system for all programs
- Waitlist registration/communication
- Create registration reports and generate related spreadsheets and documents
Respond and handle customer inquiries and issues with online registrations
Assist HR Director with:
- Manage employee timesheets and contractor invoices
- Disbursement of paychecks and reimbursements
- Seasonal recruiting and onboarding processes
- Coordinating job postings company website, LinkedIn and The Muse
- Manage Google Drive and digital asset organization
- Coordinate with Program Directors on supply orders and inventory
- Field calls to office phone and respond to messages as needed
Camps (in-season, June-August):
- Run necessary reports and paperwork, print copies for programs, and deliver to Camp Directors at campsites
- Coordinate and send mass email/text to parents about pick-up/drop-off changes, rain day situations, etc.
- Pick up/deliver necessary supplies to campsites
- Assist with Monday morning check-in as needed at campsites
- Manage in-season registration issues (waitlist changes, cancellations, mass parent communications, etc.)
- Assist Program Directors with staff scheduling and communications
- Coordinate supply needs, track and manage inventory at each school
Plato Learning is committed to competitively compensating staff. More details provided at interviews for the position.
See Inside the Office of Plato Learning
Since 2010, Plato Learning has been hosting after-school and summer camp programs that bring books to life using a curriculum that blends reading with physical engagement, story-making, art, and design thinking. The company’s overarching goal is to develop long-term literary interest and skills in children by providing them with immersive storytelling experiences.
Back to top