Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, and innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment we’ve built together—and we’re looking for the best people to join us.
The Operations Supervisor role is a very hands-on position responsible for assisting with the management of all aspects of the production and fulfillment areas. S/he will be responsible for supervising all functions of the operation, with special focus on ensuring the production schedule is being met daily to ensure accurate and on-time fulfillment of all customer orders, while maintaining our quality standards and communicating issues to the Facility Manager. The ideal candidate will be able to assist in optimizing productivity and managing the performance of all employees, providing mentorship and training on a regular basis. The Supervisor must be willing to take part in meeting day to day production goals of the facility, including working on the production line as needed.
What You'll be Doing
- Provide hands-on supervision and assist with the management of the day-to-day operation of the facility, including prepping of perishable products, operations, inventory control, quality control, staffing, budget planning, some personnel and safety related issues.
- Supervising receiving function to ensure timely and accurate receipt of inbound product.
- Ensure accurate and on-time fulfillment of all customer orders.
- Supervise and train the Production and Fulfillment Team to optimize productivity and promote growth.
- Maintain precise inventory and work closely with planning function to ensure adequate supplies are available. Communicate discrepancies to appropriate discipline.
- Ensure all quality control processes are adhered to and all facility personnel are well-trained in all quality control procedures.
- Work with Facility Manager to plan production capacity and staffing levels; schedule personnel and other resources appropriately to efficiently execute the production plan.
- Assist facility manager in planning, preparing and executing high-volume seasonal operations.
- Work with the management to help develop, implement and facilitate processes that focus on achieving measurable improvements to production efficiency, inventory management, quality, fulfillment accuracy and on-time delivery.
- Responsible for managing high volume of temporary employees and production lines with approximately 50% of time spent on the floor.
- Gather operational data and publish metrics/reports as requested.
- Analyze operations and recommend improvements to maximize the efficiency of the operation.
- Promote a positive atmosphere by leading by example, and fostering teamwork and a collaborative working environment.
- Act as backup to manager and others as needed, and perform in those roles when necessary.
- Supervisor must be willing to take part in meeting day to day production goals of the facility, including working on the production line as needed.
- Understand and enforce all quality, safety and customer service standards and best practices.
- Maintain compliance of company sanitation plan and ensure department operates in a clean and sanitary manner and is compliant with all FDA regulations.
- Maintain compliance to all safety rules and regulations and ensure the team is operating in accordance with company and OSHA standards.
- Understand and maintain compliance of the FDA Best Practices in Manufacturing, Packing, or Holding Human Food as found in FDA Title 21.
- Complete and properly store all required records.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
What You Bring to the Table
- Minimum of 5 years of previous supervisory experience in distribution operations.
- Previous experience working within perishables industry in high-volume distribution environment preferred.
- Must be willing to take on a variety of roles within the Production facility including working on the line when needed.
- Dedicated commitment to customer service and fostering a team environment.
- Excellent ability to prioritize work against tight timelines, operate with a sense of urgency and perform under pressure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player, good motivator and must be able to provide coaching and training in a positive and effective manner.
- General knowledge and/or experience in Quality Control.
- Proficient ability with Microsoft Office and G Suite products
- Demonstrated experience using warehouse management systems to manage inventory, favorable.
- Some travel as necessary (5% to 10%
Physical Job Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers while performing the duties of this job.
- Exposure warehousing equipment hazards and varying temperatures in Fulfillment Centers.
- Light to moderate lifting required.
- Initial travel to various Fulfillment Centers within the network required for training purposes
Back to top