Plated is a NYC tech startup with one simple belief: in order to live better, you need to eat better. We send our customers all of the ingredients they need to cook fresh, quick and fantastic meals at home. We launched in late 2012 and have been blown away by customer response since then. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, onto the team to redefine the way people think about food.
As our Machine Operator in our Union City, CA Fulfillment Center, you will operate and maintain the automated packaging equipment with a high level of dexterity while focusing on consistently producing quality items that meet or exceed company standards and customer expectations. You must be willing to be flexible in supporting all processing and warehouse functions as business needs require.
- Operate Packaging Equipment while ensuring the highest level of food quality and presentation.
- Ensure adherence to product specifications.
- Ensure safe and proper equipment use at all times, directly & indirectly.
- Ensure good proper working order, maintenance and documentation of equipment and facilities, escalating any issues to the Operations Manager.
- Ensure compliance to quality and HACCP standards. Maintain equipment and schedule preventive maintenance.
- During the time the equipment is not running, receive direction from TL’s and work in other areas to support the business.
- Maintain accurate records and logs for all HACCP plans and other facilities records as requested.
- Participate in ongoing maintenance of Plated’s QA program, performing inspections as directed and keeping accurate records.
- Assist in various ad hoc Team Leader assignments as directed. i.e. Menu Card Printing, assistance with attendance records etc.
- Participate in food preparation, portioning and order fulfillment while ensuring the highest level of food quality and presentation.
- Rotate to various functions as business needs evolve.
Requirements & Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a light manufacturing, distribution, warehousing, food preparation or similar industry / work environment
- Basic technology skills, including email, copier/printing, electronic filing, phone messages, and faxing
- Mathematical Skills
- Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards proactively
- Self-starter and team player
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to complete all assigned tasks.
Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
Ability to grasp, push/pull 70+lbs, and reach overhead.
Ability to lift 50 pounds, carry 20-50lbs.
Regular exposure to cold environment
Competitive hourly pay
Benefits, Paid Holidays, Sick-time & Vacation
Being a part of a rapidly growing technology start-up
Back to top