Wealth Management Tax Manager (20122904)
Wealth Management Tax Manager
From day one, experience our difference. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. You won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to sharpen your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Proactively manage the tax planning process with the client and advisory team to optimize the wealth management goals of the client/family.
- Manage and review tax returns of individual or trust tax clients including federal, foreign, state and local tax returns, estimated payments and extensions, and Federal and State tax audits.
- Involvement in estate planning and wealth transfer projects.
- Research and consult on various tax matters, utilize tax-related software to prepare tax projects, tax returns, and research tax matters.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve tax-related issues, and make tax recommendations.
- 6+ years of recent tax compliance experience in public accounting or equivalent experience.
- CPA or JD required.
- Experience with high net worth individuals, S-corporations, C-corporations, partnerships, LLCs, trusts, and private foundations is required with the emphasis on high net worth individuals.
- Sophisticated knowledge of fiduciary and estate tax planning and compliance.
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near the Grand Rapids area or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity. This position may require some local, national, and occasional international travel.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Experience our difference.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
See Inside the Office of Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the U.S.’ largest certified public accounting, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. With 23 offices throughout Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio—and international offices in Shanghai, Monterrey, and Mumbai—Plante Moran helps clients focus on and prepare for the future through a combination of industry expertise, individualized attention, and client service, with a staff committed to quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Back to top