Valuation Services Machinery and Equipment Manager
- Southfield, MI
Make your mark. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, you won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Review and analyze fixed asset ledgers or inventory listings, specific to machinery and equipment assets
- Research industry and market comparables for both new and used cost of specific equipment
- Estimate remaining useful life, replacement cost, fair values, and liquidation values of machinery and equipment assets
- Client interviews to gather data pertinent to the engagement through direct client interaction
- Conduct site visits at client sites
- Excel model analysis involving working with computational models for the valuation of M&E
- Assist in audit reviews of 3rd party analyses
- Report Writing - Presenting the results of our analysis in a clear and concise manner
- Record Keeping - Documenting all pertinent data used in analysis
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Engineering or Economics
- 5 - 10 years of recent experience in the valuation group of a public accounting firm or valuation advisory firm
- Machinery & Equipment industry valuation experience is preferred
- Valuation credential is preferred
- Some travel for client service, business development and training, up to 25% overnight travel
- We are open to hiring for this role in our Southfield, Michigan or Chicago, Illinois locations
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top