Tax Staff- Denver
From day one, make the mark. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, you won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career. Note that the accounting firm, EKS&H, is now part of Plante Moran, effective October 1, 2018.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparing business entity, such as C-corporations and partnership, tax returns.
- Ensuring tax returns are prepared in accordance with the terms of the various governing documents and applicable federal tax and state law.
- Preparing tax planning assignments and research projects.
- Arranging other tax consulting projects as assigned.
- Developing knowledge of principles of accounting and taxation (as applicable) for clients on which work is performed.
- Cultivating skills necessary to apply your knowledge on jobs assigned with decreasing amounts of supervision as more experience is obtained.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with external advisors and internal industry groups to communicate critical trust tax items.
- Developing technical knowledge through participation in professional development and training sessions on a regular basis, participation in research activities and reading current tax law changes to sustain an ability for application to client accounts.
- Supervising less experienced staff and review their work product as the tax staff grows.
- 1-2 years of recent tax compliance experience in public accounting is required.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance is required. 150 credit hours required or Masters in Accounting or Taxation is preferred.
- CPA eligible.
- Good technical skills with a focus in taxes for private equity companies, partnerships, and/or LLCs.
- Position requires occasional local and regional travel. Reliable transportation and valid driver's license are required including a clean driving record.
- This position may require some local, and occasional national travel.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make the mark .
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top