Tax Senior/Tax Manager - Schaumburg
Make your mark. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, you won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- High level of demonstrated technical proficiency to review and develop lesser experienced staff in the areas of client engagement management and applied technical knowledge in individual, trust, partnership, corporate, federal, state, local and foreign tax returns, estimated payments and extensions, and federal and state tax audits
- Determine appropriate tax objectives, scope and methodology and actively participate in decision making with client's management to understand the broader impact of current decisions and possible solutions
- Effectively leverage available technology and other resources to maximize technical application to project, and holds the engagement team to the same standard
- Serve as the primary engagement manager with economic responsibilities for billing, realization, and collections
- Develop and execute a practice development plan which includes networking, new client development and client expansion activities
- Position can be filled by a Senior, Tax Manager or Senior Tax Manager as applicable
- 2+ years of recent, related tax experience in public accounting
- Specialization with clients in the manufacturing, distribution, professional services, logistics, and food processing industries ideal
- Prior experience working with large, multi-state, internationally active middle-market clients is helpful
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- CPA required
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near the Schaumburg area or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity. Frequent travel throughout the region, with approximately 10% overnight travel.
- Position may be filled as a Senior, Manager or Senior Manager based on applicable experience
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top