State and Local Tax (SALT) Senior Manager - Denver
Make your mark. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients, growing the practice, and making a difference. You won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to sharpen your focus and thrive in your chosen career. Note that the accounting firm, EKS&H, is now part of Plante Moran, effective October 1, 2018.
You will help lead and grow Plante Moran's Rocky Mountain SALT practice. Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Delivering value added solutions to our clients through work on multi-state income tax, franchise tax, sales and use tax, gross receipts tax, and property tax matters.
- Coaching and mentoring staff in the advancement of their individual skills and competencies.
- Determining appropriate tax objectives, project scope and methodology, and actively participate in decision making with client's management.
- Effectively leveraging available technology and other resources to maximize technical application to projects.
- Developing and executing a practice development plan including networking, new client development, and client expansion activities.
- 8-12 years of tax experience in SALT, preferably within public accounting
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree
- CPA or Bar license required
- Experience in tax research, planning, and compliance
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near the Denver area or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity
- This position may require some local and national travel
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top