State and Local Tax (SALT) Senior - Denver
Make your mark . Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career. Note that the accounting firm, EKS&H, is now part of Plante Moran, effective October 1, 2018.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide tax compliance and consulting services for state and local taxes (SALT), including income, franchise, sales and use, gross receipts, and personal property taxes.
- Serve as a team member on a number of client service engagements including potential involvement with completion of income tax returns.
- Collaborate with engagement team members and client staff to effectively meet and exceed client expectations.
- Develop client presentations and participate in selling opportunities .
- Assist with engagement management and supervising tax staff and interns on assigned engagements.
- 2.5-4 years of experience in taxation in public accounting OR in a government tax auditing role working in SALT with an emphasis in sales & use tax
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA OR Bar license required - For anyone with 3 years of experience or less, you must have:
- Completed the required 150 credit hours for CPA certification; and
- Be willing to obtain the CPA within a defined period of time
- This position may require some local and national travel
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark .
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
I nterested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top