State and Local (SALT) Manager - Denver
- Denver, CO
Make your mark. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career. Note that the accounting firm, EKS&H, is now part of Plante Moran, effective October 1, 2018.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Deliver state and local compliance services and value added consulting solutions to our clients through work on multi-state income tax, franchise tax, sales and use tax, gross receipts tax, and property tax matters.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to staff in the advancement of their individual skills and competencies.
- Determine appropriate tax objectives, engagement scope and methodology, and actively participate in decision making with client's management.
- Effectively leverage available technology and other resources to maximize technical application to projects.
- Develop and execute a practice development plan including networking, new client development, and client expansion activities.
- 5-7+ years of experience in taxation in public accounting
- CPA or Bar License required.
- Superior problem solving ability and the ability to organize work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop lesser experienced staff.
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near the Denver area or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity.
- Regular travel throughout the Front Range with occasional national travel.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark .
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
I nterested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top