Staff Accountant – Governmental Accounting Practice (20122675)
Staff Accountant – Governmental Accounting Practice
From day one, experience our difference. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, you won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Verifies, allocates, and posts details of municipality transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents, such as bank statements, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts
- Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger
- May compile reports to show statistics, such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, budget to actual variances, and other items pertinent to operation of municipality
- May assist with payroll by calculating employee wages from records or time cards and prepare checks for payment of wages
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting municipal transactions
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, statement of revenues and expenditures, and other reports to summarize current and projected financial position
- At least 2+ years' experience creating and using financial reports in a professional service firm (public accounting), government or school district
- Reliable transportation and valid driver's license are required including a clean driving record; Minimum levels of auto insurance coverage are required
- A minimum of an Associate's Degree in Accounting, Business Management, Finance, or related field is required
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near the Metro Detroit area or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity. This position requires up to 90% local and/or regional travel to client sites.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Experience our difference.
This is a non-exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
See Inside the Office of Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the U.S.’ largest certified public accounting, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. With 23 offices throughout Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio—and international offices in Shanghai, Monterrey, and Mumbai—Plante Moran helps clients focus on and prepare for the future through a combination of industry expertise, individualized attention, and client service, with a staff committed to quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Back to top