Staff Accountant - Government Accounting Practice
- Southfield, MI
Make your mark. The Governmental Accounting Consultant performs various functions of a client's finance department which may include daily accounting and recording of transactions, reconciliation of all types of funds and accounts, budgeting, cash flow analysis, and preparation of financial reports. Other duties may include balancing the budget, external audit preparation, financial reporting and special projects to gain an accurate estimate of anticipated revenues and expenditures.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
· Verifies, allocates, and posts details of government business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents, such as cash receipts, invoices, check stubs, and computer printouts
· Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger
· May compile reports to show statistics, such as revenues and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, budget to actual results, and other items pertinent to operation of government activities
· May assist with accounts payable by reviewing invoices, entering data into computer, and initiating disbursements
· May assist with payroll by calculating employee wages from records or time cards and prepare disbursements for payment of wages
· Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting municipal transactions
· Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and equity, and prepares balance sheet, budget to actual statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected financial position
· At least 2+ years' experience creating and using financial reports in a professional service firm (public accounting), government or school district
· Reliable transportation and valid driver's license are required including a clean driving record; Minimum levels of auto insurance coverage are required
· A minimum of an Associate's Degree in Accounting, Business Management, Finance, or related field is required
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For," and "20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an non- exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top