Staff Accountant – Client Accounting Services (20122753)
Staff Accountant – Client Accounting Services
From day one, experience our difference. Our management consulting team focuses on our clients' critical business needs. From strategy to operations and everything in between, our integrated solution approach is designed to help enable and manage growth, leverage resources, and mitigate costs and risks. At Plante Moran, we have a privilege of serving clients and providing consultative services as they face challenges and seek new opportunities.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Create or maintain records of financial transactions for client, using various accounting systems.
- Involvement with daily bookkeeping: reconcile sub-ledger to general ledger account balances; Reconcile and balance accounts
- Verify, allocate, and post details of business transactions to accounting system.
- Provide support for audits by external entities, preparing supporting schedules, gathering information and providing analysis as requested.
- May compile reports to show statistics, such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business. Reporting against metrics/budgets,etc.
- Perform payroll and payroll tax related returns
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position
- Verify contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting is preferred; Associates degree in Accounting is required
- CPA or CMA not required
- 4 + years of full charge bookkeeper/staff accountant experience including Account reconciliations and workpaper preparation experience
- General ledger through financial statement
- Experience with QuickBooks, Peachtree and/or Creative Solutions, FX and/or FAS preferred
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near the Chicago area or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity.
- Frequent regional travel is required for this position.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For," and "20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Experience our difference.
This is an non-exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
See Inside the Office of Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the U.S.’ largest certified public accounting, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. With 23 offices throughout Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio—and international offices in Shanghai, Monterrey, and Mumbai—Plante Moran helps clients focus on and prepare for the future through a combination of industry expertise, individualized attention, and client service, with a staff committed to quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Back to top