SQL Database Administrator / SSIS Developer
- Southfield, MI
Make your mark. We are excited to expand our Rapid Application Development team to enable us to do even more for our clients and our staff. We are seeking candidates who are passionate about software development and solving business problems with state-of-the-art technology solutions.
The Plante Moran Technology Services team has been recognized as a Computerworld Top 100 Places to Work in IT for 2018 and 2019 and won two prestigious awards in 2017: InformationWeek IT Excellence and the CIO 100. If you are seeking professional growth, like being innovative and challenged, and desire to work on impactful business technology projects, we want to hear from you. Join our award winning technology team, and grow your career!
Your work will include, but not limited to the following:
- Accountable for the implementation, management, and 2 nd level support of on premise and cloud-based database and business intelligence solutions including:
- Microsoft SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Azure SQL Server
- Power BI Enterprise Service and On-Premise Gateway
- Alteryx Server, Designer, and Data Sets
- Accountable for ensuring the SQL Servers, Instances, Databases, Queries, and Jobs are running at peak performance
- Accountable for ensuring that the security, high availability, data protection, disaster recovery, and storage aligns to the business requirements
- Develop and manage ETL and data integration solutions using SSIS and Alteryx
- Oversight and coordination of managed services vendors for SQL administration and maintenance activities
- Working closely with Data Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Application Developers and Infrastructure Engineers to implement, integrate and maintain 3 rd party and custom-developed solutions
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Business or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of comprehensive experience managing Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, and related technologies.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in troubleshooting, tuning and optimization using SQL Server Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor and related tools
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with ETL development using T-SQL and SSIS.
- Preferred practical experience with components of Microsoft Azure such as Azure SQL Database.
- Preferred practical experience building dashboards and reports in Power BI and SSRS.
- Preferred practical experience with PowerShell for DevOps and automation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills - both written and oral.
Back to top