Senior Tax Manager - Chicago
- Chicago, IL
Make your mark. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, you won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Supervise engagements and assume full responsibility for tax compliance
- Review tax returns for C-corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships and individuals for accuracy and identification of tax savings opportunities and tax exposures
- Develop, coordinate, and supervise projects of tax staff
- Build and maintain client relationships and proactively interact to gather information, resolve tax-related issues, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Work with commercial clients in a wide variety of industries including large, multi-state, internationally active middle-market clients
- Develop and execute a practice development plan which includes networking, new client development, and client expansion activities
- 8+ years recent tax experience in public accounting
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree
- CPA or Bar License required
- Experience supervising and mentoring staff on engagements
- Experience in manufacturing, distribution, or service industries is helpful, but not required
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near the Chicagoland area or be willing to relocate to this area for the opportunity. Frequent travel throughout the region with limited overnight travel is required
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top