Senior Network Engineer
- Southfield, MI
Make your mark. We are excited to expand our Rapid Application Development team to enable us to do even more for our clients and our staff. We are seeking candidates who are passionate about software development and solving business problems with state-of-the-art technology solutions.
The Plante Moran Technology Services team has been recognized as a Computerworld Top 100 Places to Work in IT for 2018 and 2019 and won two prestigious awards in 2017: InformationWeek IT Excellence and the CIO 100. If you are seeking professional growth, like being innovative and challenged, and desire to work on impactful business technology projects, we want to hear from you. Join our award winning technology team, and grow your career!
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Responsible for secure network design, establishing and enforcing system standards; creating and maintaining accurate technical documentation for WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi, Internet, Firewalls, Servers, Video and VoIP solutions
- Responsible for optimizing network performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; perform network optimization, including QoS
- Manage vendor relationships
- Provide 3rd level support for WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi, Internet, Servers, Video and VoIP solutions
- Participate in capacity planning and yearly budgeting
- Involvement in project work including project management, selection, recommendation, design, testing, and implementation of various solutions
- As needed participation in after-hours maintenance windows to update, change, and install various systems
- Participate in the 7 x 24 On-Call Rotation
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business or related major is preferred
- CCNA, or CCNP Certification is desired
- 5+ years of network infrastructure experience
- Strong Troubleshooting and Interpersonal Skills
- Cisco Switch and Routing Configuration (IOS, IOS XE, NX-OS)
- Static and Dynamic Routing Protocols, including OSPF
- Experience with highly complex routing scenarios and redundancy
- MPLS networking and vendor management
- Quality of Service
- Wi-Fi Networking Configuration and Security
- Wide Area Networking Technologies
- Experience with network troubleshooting tools
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud solutions
- Firewall Configuration and Management
- Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Knowledge of the following is preferred:
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 R2, Server 2016
- VMWare/ HyperV
- Microsoft Azure
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Skype for Business
- Application Delivery Controllers / Load Balancing
- Security Information Event Management (SIEM), and other network security solutions
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. Specific job duties may require additional lifting to move, transport, position, and install equipment
- This position may require some local, national, and rare international travel
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top