Senior Manager - Financial Accounting Outsourcing (20122689)
Senior Manager – Financial Accounting Outsourcing (Southfield)
From day one, experience our difference. Our Financial Support Services management consulting team focuses on our clients' critical financial and accounting needs. We specialize in assisting organizations experiencing great change and transition – from emerging growth to merger and acquisition to wind down or decline. From interim financial staffing to financial transformation to technical accounting projects and everything in between, our integrated solution approach is designed to help client enable and manage growth, leverage resources, and mitigate costs and risks. At Plante Moran, we are privileged to serve clients and provide consultative services as they face opportunities and challenges.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Developing client relationships while managing client engagements and staff for Financial Accounting Outsourcing (FAO) engagements.
- Lead and plan client engagements, determining appropriate objectives, scope and methodology and actively participate in decision making with client's management to understand the broader impact of current decisions.
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions to improve clients' accounting related processes and operations
- Work collaboratively to execute team marketing plan to build the practice and client base in targeted business verticals
- Attend trainings, conferences, association meetings and other professional events to grow the practice.
- Identify needs for practice resources and help recruit appropriate staff giving consideration to technical competencies and cultural fit.
- Ensure distribution of projects to facilitate staff development while achieving project objectives and economic goals
- Effective review of client deliverables prepared by staff while providing developmental feedback and identifying staff developmental needs.
- Interfacing with both firm and client management personnel including executive management, CFO, controller and client accounting personnel.
- Training and development opportunities for professional, personal and technical growth
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field required. CPA is preferred, but not required.
- 10+ years of recent accounting experience with a heavy emphasis on IT/Accounting systems; knows latest technology and how it's application to clients in various industries. Experience with Intacct strongly preferred, Experience with Yardi and Quickbooks is nice to have.
- Business experience in working with clients and managing multiple projects.
- Possesses a comfort with presentations and public speaking to clients and small groups and a willingness to speak at and/or lead seminars, workshops and other industry events.
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near Southfield, MI or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity.
- Frequent travel throughout the region, with approximately 20% overnight travel.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For," and "20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Experience our difference.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top