Senior Consulting Manager - Japanese Business Services (20122705)
Senior Consulting Manager - Japanese Business Services
From day one, experience our difference. Our management consulting team focuses on our clients' critical business needs. From Transaction Advisory Services to Japanese Business Services and everything in between, our integrated solution approach is designed to help enable and manage growth, leverage resources, and mitigate costs and risks. At Plante Moran, we have a privilege of serving clients and providing consultative services as they face challenges and seek new opportunities.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Practice Development efforts for Japanese-owned clients and prospects. Identify new client targets, proactively generate leads create compelling presentations and proposals and close new projects including both new clients and add-on engagements in order to expand global projects.
- Communicate in multi-language and multi-cultural business environment; with opportunity to help drive decision making between Japan-based headquarters and US outposts
- Executive relationship building with client leaders in both Japan and United States
- Guide consulting engagements, service delivery and practice development for Japanese-owned businesses operating in North America and other global regions
- Assist clients in identifying needs, business requirements, developing business strategy, design and implement efficient processes by leveraging IT systems
- Advise clients on ERP/IT planning and implementation; process improvement and organizational/talent development and other strategic activities
- Bachelors' Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, or related field is required. Master's Degree preferred.
- 8+ years of recent or current experience in a consulting firm or financial advisory
- 5+ years of experience in Japanese owned companies or consulting firms in Japan preferred
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing area preferred
- Fluency in English and Japanese language, spoken and written
- Frequent travel throughout the North American region, periodic travel to Japan throughout the year; approximately 50% - 75% overnight travel overall.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For," and "20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Experience our difference.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
See Inside the Office of Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the U.S.’ largest certified public accounting, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. With 23 offices throughout Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio—and international offices in Shanghai, Monterrey, and Mumbai—Plante Moran helps clients focus on and prepare for the future through a combination of industry expertise, individualized attention, and client service, with a staff committed to quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Back to top