Risk Advisory Services - Senior Consultant
Make your mark. Our management consulting team focuses on our clients' critical business needs. From Internal Audit to Information Technology and everything in between, our integrated solution approach is designed to foster and manage growth, leverage resources, and mitigate costs and risks. At Plante Moran, we have the privilege of providing consultative services to clients a s they face challenges and seek new opportunities.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Perform the full audit cycle including risk management and evaluation of controls over operations, financial reporting, and compliance with applicable rules, laws, and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, reports, flowcharts, etc.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit results
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document processes (narratives and flowcharts) and preparing audit findings for presentation to management
- Conducting follow up audits to monitor management's remediation activities
- Assist in preparing proposals and engagement letters, and in billing activities
- Interact with other practice areas including but not limited to audit, tax, and other management consulting service groups
- Apply process consulting skills to support practice development efforts, and participate in "non-proposal" practice development activities
- Satisfy internal reporting requirements
- Effectively execute individual project tasks, with some focus on overall project objectives
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related field is required; CIA designation is preferred
- 3-5 years of recent or current experience in an internal audit practice or the risk management practice of a public accounting or technical consulting firm
- At least 25% travel is required with this position
- Balance client's needs and prioritize tasks
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to sell solutions to internal clients
- Expert level skills with Microsoft Project, MS Office (especially Power Point & Excel), MS Visio
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For," and "20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour workweek.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
See Inside the Office of Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the U.S.’ largest certified public accounting, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. With 23 offices throughout Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio—and international offices in Shanghai, Monterrey, and Mumbai—Plante Moran helps clients focus on and prepare for the future through a combination of industry expertise, individualized attention, and client service, with a staff committed to quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Back to top