P&M Corporate Finance - Analyst - Southfield, MI
P&M Corporate Finance, LLC (PMCF), a U.S. registered broker/dealer, is an investment bank providing merger and acquisition services to companies throughout North America and Europe. Since our inception, we have successfully completed more than 250 financial advisory engagements for a wide array of clients in virtually every business sector, including individual and family-owned businesses, large public companies, and private equity firms.
- Provides various analytical and data driven components for the development of M&A transactions. Specifically, the analyst's role focuses on financial modeling, industry and company research, some preparation of the selling document text and other transaction related documents.
- Research activities include pursuing industries and/or companies to be used for prospective buyer's lists, industry overviews, general knowledge, buying trends, and practice development. Information is obtained through various internal and external databases, Internet searches, and available publications. Analyzing obtained information for effective use in transaction process is an essential component in an Analyst's job.
- Development and manipulation of financial models and/or valuations for financing, structure, cash flow feasibility. Includes entering historical financial information, forecasting future periods and developing sound assumptions after checking the model for validity and correctness.
- Writing assigned sections of selling document to include descriptive paragraphs detailing very specific attributes and pertinent information about the company. Under the direction of senior team members, this may include the creation of charts and other visuals, financial data, formatting and presentation of final document.
- Additional written communication responsibilities may include some involvement in assembling, developing, and/or editing information requests, due diligence lists, confidentiality agreements, engagements letters, proposals and management presentations.
- Verbal and personal communication may consist of contact with potential buyers, financial institutions, attorneys, internal P&M service groups, and clients. Discussion topics may include requests for information, telephone calls and faxes to companies on buyer's list, discussions of timelines and processes, status and updates and scheduling of meetings.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel to develop financial models, spreadsheets.
- Excellent working knowledge of Word to create and edit documents, including manipulation of company logos and other graphics to including materials.
- Possess business writing acumen to include proper grammar, style, and presentation to develop effective documents.
- Efficient use of research databases.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within a defined timeline.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with clients, peers and other contacts.
- Thorough understanding of financial statement analysis.
- High level Power Point skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Team-orientated attitude.
- Dependable and conscientious.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated academic and professional achievement.
- Strong attitude for team orientation.
- Exceptional problem solving capabilities.
- Outstanding work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven ingenuity and resourcefulness.
- Decisive, persistent, result-oriented, self-starter.
- Maintains high standards.
- Conscientious and steady.
- Defines, clarifies, gets information and tests.
- Logical, fact-based and organized thinker.
Education / Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 3 years work experience in investment banking or finance related field.
- Ability to travel lo locally, work overtime and weekends is required.
We strive to attract the best and brightest people: those that reflect the diversity of the clients we serve and hope to attract. To that end, we offer a number of great benefits, including the choice of several different health care benefit plans and dental and vision coverage. Other benefits include:
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic Life and Optional Life Coverage
- 401(k) Tax Savings Plan and Matching Contribution
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Athletic Reimbursement Program
- Generous Paid-Time-Off Policy
We thank all who express interest in this opportunity; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
P&M Corporate Finance, LLC, an affiliate of Plante & Moran, PLLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or veteran's status, or status within any other protected group.
See Inside the Office of Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the U.S.’ largest certified public accounting, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. With 23 offices throughout Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio—and international offices in Shanghai, Monterrey, and Mumbai—Plante Moran helps clients focus on and prepare for the future through a combination of industry expertise, individualized attention, and client service, with a staff committed to quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Back to top