Make your mark. Our internal firm services focuses on the firm's critical business needs. From marketing to internal accounting and everything in between, our integrated solution approach is designed to help enable and manage growth, leverage resources, and optimize firm operations. At Plante Moran, we have a privilege of serving clients and providing consultative services as they face challenges and seek new opportunities.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Compile & process staff, partner and special payrolls for multiple entities. Handle occasional off-cycle check processing for returned ACH's, voids, manual checks.
- Review wage and deduction calculations on check registers, resolve any discrepancies identified.
- Maintain staff information in payroll system including W4 elections and Direct Deposit record coding. Respond to staff and partner inquiries.
- Handle new hire, leave and termination exception processing for payroll.
- Load time and expense entries to payroll system. Audit and edit imported hourly staff time postings.
- Perform other duties as assigned including processing garnishments and child support orders.
- High school diploma required. Associates degree in accounting or related business field is preferred.
- 3-5 years of payroll experience is required. CPP designation is a plus.
- Familiarity with Lawson and Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Technical knowledge of payroll tax concepts and compliance rules.
- Benefit plan experience including pension and 401(k) plan administration is a plus.
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near the Southfield, MI area or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity.
- This position may require some local travel.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top