Ohio Tax Manager – Tax Consulting (20122800)
Ohio Tax Manager – Tax Solutions Group / Tax Consulting
From day one, experience our difference. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, you won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Focus on tax consulting projects related to R&D tax credits, domestic producers deduction (Section 199/DPAD) and other credits and incentives for clients
- Maintain a current understanding of relevant codes, regulations and administrative pronouncements on a wide range of tax incentives that impact our clients
- Build relationships with clients, focus on understanding their needs, delivering on agreed upon projects and working through difficult issues without compromising the relationship
- Work as an integrated member of the tax services team
- Assist clients to ensure proper documents of tax credit qualification in accordance with IRS regulations
- Establish a formal practice development plan
- Participate in networking and business development activities including the formal proposal process
- Research specific technical issues
- Build relationships with partners and staff, and participate in staff development activities
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, law degree or Master's degree in Taxation preferred.
- CPA or JD required.
- 5-10 years of experience working within a taxation environment, preferably in public accounting.
- Position may be filled as an In-Charge or Manager depending on the level of applicable experience.
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near Columbus, Cleveland, or Cincinnati or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity; limited travel is required with this position. This position may require some local, national, and occasional international travel.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Experience our difference.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
See Inside the Office of Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the U.S.’ largest certified public accounting, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. With 23 offices throughout Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio—and international offices in Shanghai, Monterrey, and Mumbai—Plante Moran helps clients focus on and prepare for the future through a combination of industry expertise, individualized attention, and client service, with a staff committed to quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Back to top